Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 12:02 am - MI
Mary,

Thanks for the reponse...

Curt
Seht
on 7/6/08 2:05 pm
Congrats! Thanks for the race report.  I really enjoyed reading it. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 12:03 am - MI
Scott,

I wrote a very long race report just for you. I didnt need any more "Jonesing" from you, you have training to do.

Thanks..

Curt
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/08 9:19 pm - Island Heights, NJ
Curt...
Way to go, Brother!
Great report... And some pretty good times there, for that matter, too!

Some bike/run bricks will certainly help with lessening the "dead-legs" right off the bike (Of course, it doesn't really help me go any faster, though)

Great job, man... Time to move up to the Oly distance soon!

-A.J.
Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 12:06 am - MI
AJ,

I want you to know that all this triathlon stuff is your fault. Your the one person who got me to even think about doing a triathlon. Now look at me, I have a sweet bike, enjoy swimming and biking, etc.

Yes, Olympic will be on the horizon for next year at the latest.

I will be in NYC next month, I should probably buy you an adult beverage.

Thank Buddy,

Curt
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/08 1:44 am - Island Heights, NJ
I take FULL RESPONSIBILITY!!

When you coming to NYC?
Gotta check my August race schedule... Not to mention we're spending a long weekend at Sesame Place that month as well! (To bad there's nothing like an "Elmo Sprint Tri" or something like that to sign up for while I'm there!)

-A.J.
Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 1:58 am - MI
As of right now, we will be arriving the evening of August 24th. Wife and daughter will be spending 2 days at US Open.

Scheduled to depart NYC that next friday or Saturday.

If it works out, then it would be great, if not, then I will drink one for you.

Curt
kypdurran
on 7/7/08 12:47 am, edited 7/7/08 12:47 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Great job Curt and awesome race report man!   Impressive finishing time too bro!  That sounds like a fun race and any race where wetsuits are legal is a good race! :)   Water still too cold up north?   Wetsuit legality down south goes away around the end of April as the water temp creeps up over 78 degrees.

Save your 1 day USAT membership receipts if you are planning on any more tris in the next year.   They will give you credit for the 1 day memberships you bought towards the $39 yearly membership fee.

Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 12:58 am - MI
Yes, Lake Michigan was still cold. I would say the water temp was in the mid 60's. It was much colder than the inland lake I had been swimming in.

I never got a receipt for the $10 I paid. And I just sent out application and money for my next triathlon. I was thinking USAT membership was like $100. I guess I'd better look at it, right now..

My times were good for me. The run was faster than any of the 5K's I ha done this year. And the Bike was faster than any training rides I'd done. However, while out competing, it felt like I was going slower than I was because of all the people passing me. Oh well..

Thanks

Curt
kypdurran
on 7/7/08 1:11 am - Baton Rouge, LA

It's hard to not be comptitive but remember the only person out there you are competing with is yourself.   I race to beat the course now and that's about it.  You'll know if you gave it your all and that's all that matters.  

Although, a few weeks ago, after having a great race and a respectable finishing time, my girlfriend told me as we were leaving, "You know if you would have had a vagina today you would have won your age group!"

Heh, I guess that's something but unfortunately I don't have a vagina for the races and they won't let me race in the ladies divisions.  :)

Most Active