Sunday exercise

Cassie W.
on 7/6/08 3:17 am

It was a beautiful day in Central New York - great for a 23-mile bike ride. Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Deanna34
on 7/6/08 4:02 am - Salem, OR
I got up early this morning to go for my outdoor run but it was raining A LOT so I opted to go to the gym instead.  I walked 1/2 a mile on the treadmill, ran 2 miles, walked 1/2 a mile.  I'm hoping that the weather breaks enough that I can go for a 4 mile bike ride this afternoon.  And I'm in the process of painting my bedroom now too!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

prek-3
on 7/6/08 5:05 am - Hollywood, FL
I got up early (before it had a chance to rain), and I walked 6 miles. Yea, I love getting my exercise over with early when i can. Prek-3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Linn D.
on 7/6/08 5:40 am - Missoula, MT
This was my long run day.  Did my 10 miles in just under 90 minutes! I also have to mow the lawn and do laundry since my folks are coming tomorrow! Linn
Cassie W.
on 7/6/08 10:23 am

Linn, That's a great pace for 10 miles.  Are you running faster now than your peak before your injury? Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 7/6/08 10:50 am - Missoula, MT
Cassie, I'm not quite there but I'm getting close.  My fastest 10k pace was an 8:42 mile and it was in my second year of running (2005).  I'm probably more fit now since I've been doing longer runs, though.  Today's run didn't feel as bad as the 8-miler did 3 weeks ago, so that gives me lots of hope.   We'll see how I do in the half next weekend.  I know I'm capable of doing it under 2 hours, but my insides don't often cooperate for runs that long.  My first and fastest half was 2:23:29 and that was with 4 potty stops.  I'll have to be VERY careful of what I eat next Saturday! Linn
donnainhouston
on 7/6/08 7:59 am, edited 7/6/08 7:59 am - League City, TX

I usually am done for if I don't get out first thing in the morning on the weekends, but today I managed to get my rear-in-gear and made it to the gym by 1pm...

Incline DB Press
12 x 15 lbs.; 12 x 17.5 lbs.; 10 x 20 lbs.

Incline DB Fly
12 x 15 lbs.; 10 x 17.5 lbs.; 10 x 17.5 lbs.

Flat Bench DB Chest Press
12 x 17.5 lbs.; 10 x 20 lbs.; 10 x 20 lbs.

Decline DB Bench Press
12 x 17.5 lbs.; 10 x 20 lbs.; 10 x 20 lbs.

Crunches - 3 sets of 25
Leg raises on bench 3 sets of 15
Oblique Crunches 3 sets of 15

Cardio - Treadmill, 40 minutes
Ran a full mile at 5 mph; I'm not a runner, so this is a personal best!
Did intervals remainder of time.

Elapsed Time 1.15
Total Calories 1,071

Out of Recovery 2:1:1 *gasp!* Just had some protein mixed with my Propel immeidately afterwards

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Rob S.
on 7/6/08 10:44 am - DE
Got up early this morning and decided to do my long run.  It was a tough decision since it was third straight day or running.  By getting the early start I thought  I would avoid the humidity.  But even at 5:45am the humidity was bad.  I did eight and a half miles in ninety-five minutes.  Probably need to get my knee and hip rechecked this week.  It is a real pain running when the limbs don't respond.  Enough complaining, time to move on. Rob
Soft And Lovely
on 7/6/08 11:47 am - IL

5 miles on stationary bike.  no a/c in my house and I'm glowing like a stuck pig!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Most Active