I am so jealous!

pennisweet
on 7/3/08 11:12 am - Windsor, MO
I think this is my first post on this forum and while reading all the posts I find myself disappointed in myself.  I had gastric bypass 2 and a half years ago and I haven't to this day been on an excersise  program.  I have walked and lifted of and on but not more than a month at a time.  I know that if I don't start excersising  this surgery will not be successful.  I need some encouragement.  I feel so flabby.  I know I will never  be toned (unless I get ps) but I feel so fat.  My hubby shows me pictures of where I came from (308 pounds).  I guess I am just not happy with were I am right now.  Its just so hard getting motivated to start.  Well, thanks for listening to me rant.  God bless and happy excersising to you all.  Penni
Soft And Lovely
on 7/3/08 11:53 am - IL
If you're looking for motivation I think this forum is a great place to start!  I hope you get out there and get moving and I hope you keep us posted on how it's going!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Cassie W.
on 7/3/08 11:56 am
Penni,  this is a great forum to find encouragement and support for your fitness goals. You'll meet people who are just starting and others who have conquered the Ironman.  We spur each other on by celebrating each milestone.   Don't beat yourself up for what's in the past.  It's done and over with.  We can't change yesterday.  Focus on today. . . today we have the power to take control.  Well, it might be a bit late to get started tonight.  But . . . tomorrow is July 4th.  It can be your personal Independence Day! Think about the activities that you enjoy and set a goal.  You can do it!   Happy Independence Day! Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Chris Zane
on 7/3/08 12:08 pm
It's never too late to start.  You have come a long way and accomplished a lot.  This will just be your next part of the journey. Don't worry about whether you have or will have PS.  I know a lot of people on here have not and are still very active and fit.  You can be too. Start out slow and build a little at a time, you'll be amazed at the results over time. Welcome to this forum.
panhead58fl
on 7/3/08 2:26 pm - Barboursville, WV
It's never to late to start. I started walking first. Every day at lunch I walk 2 miles. Start slow but make time for yourself to do it every day at what ever time you choose. before you know it, it will be apart of your daily life. As you get in better shape add distance and speed.  What started me running was one day i was playing with my grandson in my yard and I started running from him with out thinkng about it. He said "poppie you can run!", and said  yeah I can can't I. We chased after each other for half and hour. After that I started to add some running into my walking. The hardest part is just getting started. pan head
MaryS
on 7/3/08 9:48 pm - Long Island, NY
Penni, if it is something you want it is never too late to start exercising.  Don't start out trying to do too much because you won't enjoy it and you will get discourage.  If you can find somebody to join you that might be helpful since you have accountability to that person and you would be less likely to blow off a workout.  For me, I work out with a trainer 2x a week and that gives me accountability, if I don't show up for an appointment I pay anyway.   If running is of interest to you, see if there are any 5k races in your areas 3 months from now and set a goal to run/walk that race.  There are some great programs to help you get ready for a 5k including the couch to 5k program: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml Best of luck to you.  Join in the daily exercise threads and let us know how you are doing. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Julie D.
on 7/7/08 1:04 am - Stephenville, TX
Penni, Girl, I feel so flabby too and I've been pretty steady at exercise since my surgery last August.  I can feel muscles under my skin, but the skin is flabby over it.  So, please don't beat yourself up about being 'flabby'.  I've always wanted and exercise buddy...someone to check in and be accountable to for exercise.  Would you like to be my buddy?  Maybe that would help you get started!  It would be fun! Julie

Much Love,
Jules

Most Active