Hump Day workout...

Mifiremedic
on 7/2/08 5:02 am - MI
Well looks like I am the one to host todays workout. Today is "Hump Day", and more importantly, only 2 more days till most everyone is out BBQ for the holidays.

I got up this morning, and did a 500 yard OWS, that replicates this weekends triathlon. The water was quite choppy, so it really helped me concentrate on good head movement while going for a breath. I did manage to swallow a couple gallons of water, but didnt even slow me down. I also worked on exiting the water while stripping down out of the wetsuit.

After a meeting, I decided to set up my transition area, and practice. Once dressed, I had intended to go for a 12 mile bike ride, but after a couple miles, my legs felt tired or really sore. So I decided to cut the ride in half. I did a quick 6 miles, working on staying in the aero position.

As I approached my house, I worked on getting out of my bike shoes before getting off the bike. Well let me say, I need some more practice.

I might do a 1-2 mile run this evening, but should probably be start kicking back my workouts to pretty much nothing. I suppose I will play it day by day.

What did everyone else do? Come on, tell us... We're all friends...

Curt
Seht
on 7/2/08 5:23 am
well my day is going to be limited to cleaning up the back yard, mowing etc. I promised I take my 5 y/o to the movies tonight, so scratch my after work exercise. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Kevin A.
on 7/2/08 7:55 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Does bowling count?? No real workout today!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Linn D.
on 7/2/08 9:15 am - Missoula, MT
Just a 4-mile run today.  I thought about swimming, but decided I'd do that tomorrow as a friend of mine just needed to talk and I had an empathetic ear. Then I spent quite a bit of time at car dealerships tracking down trucks to test drive and after that did a little clothes shopping.  I want to be sure to have some comfy clothes for fall (most jeans aren't comfy to me with my ginormous legs) since my classes are all back to back.   I need to eat though (since all I've had today are toast and a chicken salad) or tomorrow's brick is going to suck! Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 7/2/08 10:01 am, edited 7/2/08 12:09 pm - IL
2.5 mile walk/run today.  This was the first time I ever experienced "intestinal issues" after a run.  Must mean I'm official!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

kelly H.
on 7/2/08 11:39 am - Beaverton, MI
I did a 3 mile walk/run this morning.  I am sore today.  I have been doing First Day to 5K from the podrunnerintervals.com (which I absolutely love and thanks to whomever recommended it a while back!!!)  Yesterday I had my cousins that are 7 and 11, they are in gymnastics and thought it would be great if I joined them so......I was doing cartwheels and backbends.  Haven't done that stuff in many years but it definitely felt good.  Just a bit sore today. 
Cassie W.
on 7/2/08 8:21 pm

It  was a general rest day with just 30 minutes of core work.   Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 7/2/08 9:53 pm - DE
I did a 3-mile run in the early morning before the humidity set in.  After work I went to the gym and did a 55 minute spin class with six 90 second speed intervals at the end.  Killer!  Did a little stretching afterwards to work out some problems with my back. Rob
Most Active