Online Training Logs

Soft And Lovely
on 7/1/08 8:39 am - IL
Do you guys use em?  Which ones are people using.  Right now I'm using the one at Runner's World but I'm open to changing if there's a better one.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Linn D.
on 7/1/08 12:23 pm - Missoula, MT
Sorry, I'm of no help.  I don't use them.  What I end up doing is just following a training plan as best I can.  When I'm not training for anything in particular, I just try to increase miles or speed. Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 7/2/08 2:17 am - IL
I don't know if I'll continue to use one long term but for now I like to see my improvements represented graphically.  When the improvements level out and become less frequent I'll probably just use my food diary to keep track.  But, like you, I'm(slowly) following a training plan to get ready for my upcoming races.

HW/SW/CW/GW*

MaryS
on 7/1/08 12:48 pm - Long Island, NY
I don't use one either.  I did find this one recently and I thought it looked good: http://www.runningahead.com/ Here is a link to a sample: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/8b71109ab72240db86c2406c6c6 e49bf If I get organized enough I might try it one day.  In the meanwhile I try to follow the schedule Fred's Team developed for the NYC Marathon program. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Soft And Lovely
on 7/2/08 2:19 am - IL
Thanks for the link!  Unfortunately the sample wouldn't show up.  It says "members only" :-(.  Oh well, I will definitely check the site out to see if this is the log for me.  Thank you again.

HW/SW/CW/GW*

Scott William
on 7/1/08 10:42 pm
I don't use one either.  I just write my milage on a spread sheet that I have on the fridge.  With all the issues I have with food, I should.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Soft And Lovely
on 7/2/08 2:21 am - IL

I used to be an excel kinda gal too.  In fact I might just check and see if they have a good log there that I can use.  I'm looking for something that will give me a graphical representation of all my workouts, not just my running workouts.  Sorry to hear you're having food issues.  :-(

HW/SW/CW/GW*

Linn D.
on 7/2/08 10:36 am - Missoula, MT
If you're good with Excel, you should be able to make your own and then do the graphs at the end of the month.  Or you can also set up the graphs and see the progress as you enter the data.  That way you can log anything you're interested in logging and see graphical representation at any time. Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 7/2/08 10:47 am - IL
LOL I'm not that good with excel.  I just used to use a couple of the preloaded wizards they had there like the food log and such.  Now I use daily plate and I like that much much better.

HW/SW/CW/GW*

Mifiremedic
on 7/2/08 3:11 am - MI
I use the training log on Beginnertriathlete.com. It keeps monthly, and yearly totals. As well as totals in running, swimming, biking as well as other sports activities.

I like it because it shows the info in graphs, as well as numbers.

Thats my two cents worth
Most Active