Tuesday~Workouts!!

Kevin A.
on 7/1/08 1:36 am, edited 7/1/08 1:37 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
4 mile run!! Step up and tell us your workout!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
puddin2day
on 7/1/08 1:42 am - Los Angeles, CA
I was planning on running this morning, but since I had donated blood last night, I will have to wait until this evening.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Linn D.
on 7/1/08 2:08 am, edited 7/1/08 2:05 pm - Missoula, MT
Today is a run day off so I did an early morning spin class then upper body strength training.  I may go back and swim later since I didn't do it yesterday. Linn I did make it back to the pool and swam1000 yd.
Elisa K.
on 7/1/08 2:16 am - Lumberton, NJ

I plan on running at least 3 miles tonight - more if I feel good.  My ass has been dragging today - so we'll see - LOL!!

Mifiremedic
on 7/1/08 2:34 am - MI
I did a big workout before Sundays first triathlon of the year. Before some comments, my body doesnt react well to tapering. So I am gonna continue working out and do less and less each day up until the triathlon.

I biked 13 miles home from work. It the 13 miles in 35 minutes. Lots of good hills to make it challenging. But there was a lot left in the tank for race day.

I got home, grabbed my swimming stuff, and headed for the lake. I wanted to do the same distance as this weekends triathlon. So I took my range finder, and found where 400 hundred yards is. If did the 400 yard swim in just under 6 minutes. Also I am practicing getting my wetsuit off while exiting the water. The run from the water to the transition is rather long. So I dont want to get overheated before the bike. Plus if I can change on the fly, it should speed up my transition time.

I then capped off the days workout with a 5K run. Much to my surprise I did this 5K in record time for me. Whether in a race or training run. I did this run in 25 minutes, 26 seconds. That is some 3 minutes faster than any 5K race.

Thanks for allowing me to share this with you all.

Curt

Kirsten :-)
on 7/1/08 2:37 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Ok....I'm going to start playing along here....hoping it will get me motivated and hold me accountable. Walked for 40 minutes this morning.  No idea how slow, or how far.....20 minutes out and 20 minutes back.  That's a start, but it's so discouraging.  I sometimes find it hard to believe that I ran a marathon 4 months ago, and now it's so hard to even walk.  :-(
puddin2day
on 7/1/08 5:39 am - Los Angeles, CA

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You just had a major life-changing transformation.   It has only been 4 months.  You will conditioned in no time. Kimmy

Kirsten :-)
on 7/1/08 5:42 am - Agoura Hills, CA
No...it's been 2 months...but it feels like a lifetime!  LOL
puddin2day
on 7/1/08 5:43 am - Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, my bad.  But anyway, follow my advice.

Seht
on 7/1/08 3:44 am
Well today is supposed to be a non biking day, but I rode to work, so I will get 8 miles in by the time I get home tonight. I'm supposed to be doing a 20 minute run and a 15 minute swim at the gym tonight. That's the plan any how. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active