What races are you doing for the rest of the year?

Chris Zane
on 6/30/08 11:25 am
July 19 -  Women on Wheel bike ride (not really a race) - 32 miles July 27 - 5k - Ele's place for grieving children August 10 - Lansing Legislator sprint triathlon September 21 - Autumn Classic - 8k   - this is the one I'm really training for - I've never run that far  yet. Maybe some others too.  I usually to the Turkey Trot - 5k on Thanksgiving morning.
puddin2day
on 7/1/08 7:44 am - Los Angeles, CA
Really good question, Scott. Aug 2 - City of Hope 10K                                                                                      Oct. 12- Long Beach Half Marathon Nov 16 (maybe) -Pasadena Half Marathon or 5K (is this too soon to do another 1/2 marathon?) Dec. 7 -Las Vegas Half marathon Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Kirsten :-)
on 7/1/08 8:27 am - Agoura Hills, CA
No it's not too soon to do another 1/2...you'll be fine!  And where did your picture go???
puddin2day
on 7/1/08 8:34 am - Los Angeles, CA
  Janine mentioned that I should change my avitar (sp) and I told her that I did not know how to do that.  She sent me some instructions, followed up once, and did not hear from her again.

Scott William
on 7/1/08 10:16 pm
What I have read is that you should go easy for the amount of days that is the distance of the race.  For example, for a 3 mile race, you should take 3 easy days.  Following that logic, you can run a 1/2 marathon every 2 weeks.  That is a little conservative for me.  I'd run one every weekend if I had enough around.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
puddin2day
on 7/2/08 1:16 am - Los Angeles, CA

Okay.  Thank you.  So by spacing them apart by a month, I am doing things correctly.  What you said made perfect sense to me. Kim

Elisa K.
on 7/1/08 9:39 am - Lumberton, NJ

Here's my list so far: July 12th - Kings Grant 5k - Marlton, NJ (my first one!!) Sept 28th - William G. Rohrer Center for Healthfitness 5k - Voorhees, NJ Oct. 18th - Harbor Seal 5k - Seaside Park, NJ I am still looking for a local race to do in August.  I figured if I signed up for a race a month, I will continue to train. 

Rob S.
on 7/1/08 11:12 am - DE
All right, here's the current registered list: July 4th :  23rd Firecracker 5k run July 5th:   Delaware Double Cross (63 miles/100k) July 13th:  American Cancer Bike-a-thon (64 miles) July 19th: 6th Summer Blood Challenge 5k run July 23rd: 3rd annual Wilmington Games 5k run. Aug 2nd:  10-mile Sea Isle City beach run Aug 13th: 4th Tour de Lance 5k Aug 17th:  Lums Pond Duathlon (2 mile run-19.5 bike-3.1 mile run) Aug 25th: Shorefire Century Sept 2nd:  Virginia Beach Rock-n-Roll Half-Marathon (Birthday run-move to new age bracket) Sept 20th:  Doggie Doo 5k Sept 27-28: MS Bike to the Bay (150 miiles) Oct 5: 26th Delaware Distance Classic 15k (5 year GBS birthday) Nov 2nd: 11th Annual AmeriHealth Ben Franklin Brige 10k Challenge Nov 23rd:(possibly the Philadelphia Half Marathon) or the Turkey Trot 10k Dec 15th:  20 mile practice run with Team Sprouts in Philadelphia Jan 4th: (possibly PSCI Icicle 10-miler) Jan 11th: Disney marathon That's it for this year... Rob
Cassie W.
on 7/1/08 11:44 am
These are the ones that I know about.  There may be a few more that pop up along the way. July 13 - Boilermaker 15K Utica, NY   Aug. 2 - Battle of Oriskany 5K Oriskany, NY Sept. 21 - Lake Delta Half Marathon, Western, NY, Sept. 28 - Falling Leaves 14K, Utica, NY Oct. 5 - Wineglass Marathon, Corning, NY Nov. 9 - Stockade-athon 15K, Schenectady , NY (maybe) Nov. 27 - Thanksgiving Prediction Run, Rome, NY Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Sherry_Berry
on 7/1/08 9:20 pm - Dacula, GA
Chad-you keep saying you have a funny feeling you're gonna win the lotto for Kona...you got connections or something? Ok...me. July 4th, Peachtree Road Race 10k...55,000 runners! OY! July 20th Ironman Lake Placid November 23, Ironman Arizona
Most Active