Sunday's Workout

Deanna34
on 6/29/08 9:46 am - Salem, OR
I am back home from vacation but I did manage to stay active while I was gone.  I got in some bike riding and lots and lots of walking all over downtown Seattle!  It felt great!  Oh, and I also got a great tattoo as my reward for losing weight and running a half marathon.  Life is grand!!!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 6/29/08 10:30 am - Missoula, MT
Cool reward! I love my tattoos as well. Linn
Seht
on 6/29/08 10:59 am
Congrats!, I am planning another Tattoo when I hit my weight goal. I think I'm going to get a phoenix, something to symbolize a re-birth. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 6/29/08 11:08 am

Deanna, Tell us more about that tattoo!  My running partner and I keep talking about getting one, but we haven't committed yet. Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kevin A.
on 6/29/08 2:24 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
We all want to see your tattoo!!! Come on!!! Please??

Nothing at all today!! But Monday will soon be here!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
NicoleLynn
on 6/29/08 10:10 am - Minneapolis, MN
I did a 6:1.5 run/walk today about 3 miles in 35 minutes...that is my best time yet!  I am hoping to get it down to 5K in 30 minutes or less by race day.  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 6/29/08 10:28 am - Missoula, MT
Nicole, You must be jogging at a pretty good clip to get 3 mi in 35 min with walk intervals!  Good job! I bet if you put your mind to it, you could run the whole thing now in pretty close to that!  I do remember that it feels odd running longer when you're used to taking walk breaks.  In fact, my hardest mile today was the 5th because I'd been used to running 4 all week.  Once you push through that, the rest is gravy. Linn
NicoleLynn
on 6/29/08 11:51 am - Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Linn!  I have been tempted to try running the whole thing, but I always chicken out and take some walk breaks.  I may try to pu**** one day this week and see what happens!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Cassie W.
on 6/29/08 11:06 am
My husband and I tackled our first long bike ride this morning, a 25-mile loop with some challenging hills. It was  great to see that the endurance that we built training for the Buffalo Marathon translated well to the bike.    Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Soft And Lovely
on 6/29/08 11:11 am - IL
Day of rest for me.  The most strenuous thing I did was develop pictures at Walmart.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Most Active