Sunday's Workout

Linn D.
on 6/29/08 4:46 am, edited 6/29/08 9:37 am - Missoula, MT
Hey all, what have we been up to today? I did my long run for the week today.  I made it 10 miles in 1:31 with no walk or potty breaks!   I may mow the lawn today after I eat, but then again I may just fall asleep! I did end up mowing the lawn - after a little nap.  Sometimes food after a hard workout puts me to sleep. Linn
misstilly
on 6/29/08 7:04 am - Cosby, TN
Nadda today. Day of rest. I'll be at it in the morning again. Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Seht
on 6/29/08 7:56 am
No structured exercise, but I went out and fought this weekend.  It certainly makes you tired, but you don't notice it as much when you are having fun. Here is a vid of some friends fighting. SCA Practice

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 6/29/08 9:07 am - Missoula, MT
Yikes! Did the one fella fall because he was knocked out or is that the signal that you're done? You sure wouldn't catch ME doing that!  I'm so bad I can't even watch boxing! Linn
Seht
on 6/29/08 9:18 am
Yeah it's a signal that you have lost. It's on an honor system, if you get hit hard enough that it had been a sharpened steele sword, it would have incapacitated or killed you, you fall down and yield the field.  There are no judges or refs, only safety people to make sure nobody gets hurt. Basically the targets for safety reasons are 1 inch above the knee all the way to the head, and 1 inch above the wrist.  All of that is legal to hit, however some locations are frowned upon as not being very polite.  If you get hit in the arm or leg you have to stop using that limb, if it is in the body or head, you lose.  Assuming the blow was hard enough. There are very few injuries because everyone is wearing heavy armor, nothing more than bumps and bruises most of the time.  I have been hurt worse playing football, wrestling and doing Judo. I have never had a serious injury fighting in armor (knock on wood).

Mifiremedic
on 6/29/08 9:20 am - MI
I did a 500 yard swim in the lake. It was a great training swim, because the water was real choppy.

I also went for a EASY 8 mile bike ride. Worked on staying in Aero position, and in the big ring.
Linn D.
on 6/29/08 10:32 am - Missoula, MT
The last swim I did there were lots of people in the pool.  I agree that it's good training when the conditions are similar to race day. Linn
Seht
on 6/29/08 11:01 am
I'm finding it hard to swim with lots of people in the pool.  Even as bad as I am, there are always a couple people slower than me, and I always end up having to stop and let them get far enough ahead that I don't swim over them.

Sherry_Berry
on 6/29/08 11:14 am - Dacula, GA
On June 29, 2008 at 6:01 PM Pacific Time, Seht wrote:
I'm finding it hard to swim with lots of people in the pool.  Even as bad as I am, there are always a couple people slower than me, and I always end up having to stop and let them get far enough ahead that I don't swim over them.
When that happens, the proper etiquitte is for you to tickle their feet to let them know you are passing. If they question you...tell them Sherry said so. But really...that's what you're supposed to do.
Sherry_Berry
on 6/29/08 11:17 am - Dacula, GA
On June 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM Pacific Time, Mifiremedic wrote:
I did a 500 yard swim in the lake. It was a great training swim, because the water was real choppy.

I also went for a EASY 8 mile bike ride. Worked on staying in Aero position, and in the big ring.
Question about staying in the big ring...because there is no shame in the small ring. I spend a good chunk of time in the small ring yesterday so my legs would spin at a fast cadence on more challenging parts of the course. It helps for your run. If you're grinding up hils in the big ring and mashing your gears...you'll just kill your legs... But I don't have enough info about your gearing at this point. Aero-I ride 80% in aero on a rolling hills course...sometimes I get out of aero if I'm having trouble climbing. One thing is you need to work on your core muscles...that will help a lot. Did you just get aero bars? Tri bike, or road bike with clip-ons?
Most Active