New here

Leslee_Martin
on 6/28/08 10:20 am
Hi Everyone, I've been active on the wls grad board for a few weeks now and it has helped me SO much. Just this last week I've taken my new "lifestyle" to the next level and am bringing a lot of movement back into my life. I've been pretty lazy for some time now, the weight loss was so easy at first I started to get complacent and think I didnt' really need to 'do my part'..wish I'd been more active all along, but hey, better now then never! So! I'm conditioning myself to hike a 14.5 mi Mtn in utah in September. the second highest mtn in the rockies. So I'm doing a lot of uphill treadmill work, and stairs, and hikes on saturdays to help condition me for this so that I don't just "surivive" it, but enjoy it! Next I'd like to hike the Grand Canyon next February, and then perhaps train for my first triathlon this next summer.

I look forward to getting active on this forum, I hope it to be as inspiring and supportive as I've experience the grad board to be, and in return I hope to offer some enthusiasm for all of you as well! Look forward to mingling!

Leslee
368/190/220/140

Before/Lowest/Current/Goal  I have come too far to take orders from a cookie!

Linn D.
on 6/28/08 10:42 am - Missoula, MT
Welcome, Leslee! In my humble opinion, I think this is by far the BEST board on OH.  Extremely encouraging and a whole bunch of really neat people doing all sorts of really neat things. Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 6/28/08 12:09 pm - IL
Welcome!  I hope you'll stay around.  It's a great and encouraging board.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Scott William
on 6/28/08 11:38 pm
Welcome to the board.  It's a great board. I registered for the Mt. Washington (New Hampshire) road race that just took place last weekend.  I didn't get in though which sucked.  That race was the U.S. Mountain racing championship and it's about 6,000 feet from tha bace to summit.  ANyway, maybe next year.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 6/29/08 1:41 am
Welcome! Glad you found this board.  The people here are great, their stories are inspirational, and their encouragement is very helpful. Looking forward to hearing about your hike when you complete it. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active