Swimming Challenge Takers

Linn D.
on 6/28/08 6:39 am - Missoula, MT
Okay folks, how many times were we in the water this week? I did three days. M- 667 yd W- 667yd S- 900 yd Linn
Judi J.
on 6/28/08 9:27 am - MN
I'll play since I'm still in my swimming class! lol Tuesday:  1850 yds Thursday:  1650 yds Saturday: 1/3 mile, swimming/running in water during the tri after I drank part of the lake today, I did start to panic and breathe harder. The whole swimming thing is about the breathing isn't it?  I can do every 4th stroke in the pool, would like to get to every 5th
Soft And Lovely
on 6/28/08 9:51 am - IL
Err I was in the water lots!!!  I was in there Mon, Tues, Wed, and today.  But...  I did absolutely no actual training.  I was in there supervising the kiddo.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

sharyn_pear
on 6/30/08 6:38 am - Australia
Well this has given me some food for thought (so to speak). I used to be a pretty good competitive swimmer when I was young. Even when I was 250lbs I still went swimming but since my weight loss I think I have been in a pool doing a few laps once. I hate the lose skin - I felt like a stingray!

Sharyn
Soft And Lovely
on 6/30/08 7:51 am - IL
Hittin' the lanes tomorrow!  I will post it when I'm done

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Neen L.
on 6/30/08 11:56 pm - Arlington, VA
I know that I don't post in this forum often, but if you have absolutely any questions about swimming technique or workout structure, feel free to pm me. I was a competitive swimmer for two clubs for about 12 years and a synchronized swimmer (10yrs.) and coach (2yrs.)

These days, I swim a few laps and then head to the deep end for some synchronized swimming maneuvers that help with breath control and abdominal strengthening. It's great, low-impact exercise for anyone who might have knee/back problems.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Most Active