Completed my first Sprint Triathlon Thanks Everyone!

Judi J.
on 6/28/08 4:21 am - MN
I wouldn't have even tried it without all of your encouragement, so thanks to all of you! It was 1/3 mile swim 12 mile bike 4 mile run/walk I am stronger in swimming and biking. The swim was a joke, it was so shallow that most people ran over half of it and if you tried to swim, you bumped into them, passing was impossible. So, I laid back and finished in the last third.  We had strong winds here today so the biking was fun but against the wind for all but about 4 miles. I was able to pass about a dozen people which I needed cause I knew most of them would pass me on the run/walk. I walked as much as I ran on the 4 miles. It felt really good to finish though. Don't have the final results but I wasn't last! I may have been close but I wasn't last. I could have pushed myself harder on the run, will definitely do that next time. This is a low key triathlon which is good for beginners. My legs were definitely wobbly after the biking, lots of work to do! Thanks again for the encouragement!  grateful to have survived AND FINISH!  judi
MaryS
on 6/28/08 4:28 am - Long Island, NY
Judi, Sounds like you had a great time!  Congratulations on the first tri! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Judi J.
on 6/29/08 8:11 pm - MN
thanks Mary!
Linn D.
on 6/28/08 6:18 am - Missoula, MT
I'm so proud of you for doing this! You did a great job! It seems like each tri has something that's a little funky.  Sounds like you just went with the flow and did your race.  GOOD FOR YOU! Congrats Judi, and I can't wait to hear how the next one turns out! Linn
Judi J.
on 6/29/08 8:12 pm - MN
thanks so much for your encouragement Linn! it means a lot.
Seht
on 6/28/08 8:04 am
Congrats! Well done. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Judi J.
on 6/29/08 8:12 pm - MN
thanks Scott, no walking next time, (i hope)
Sherry_Berry
on 6/28/08 8:46 am - Dacula, GA
ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!
Judi J.
on 6/29/08 8:13 pm - MN
thanks again for the pep talk sherry!
Soft And Lovely
on 6/28/08 10:15 am - IL
I'm so glad you did it!  Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.  How does it feel to be a triathlete? 

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Most Active