NEED HELP FOR MY TUMMY!!

shoegirl1023
on 6/27/08 11:38 pm - Solon, OH
Hi, Apart from a tummy tuck, which I am planning on getting in the new year (I am 2 and a half years post op), what's the best exersise for the tummy?  I know about crunches etc, but is there anything out there that just might tighten the skin a little? PLEASE Thanks.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

MaryS
on 6/28/08 1:40 am - Long Island, NY

Joanne, Sorry, nothing will tighten the skin.  The crunches, etc are great for your muscles, but they will not help with the skin.  Keep working out, the better shape you are in for plastics the easier your recovery will be.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 6/28/08 2:17 am
I'm with Mary on this one.  Nothing to tighten the skin around the stomach.  I do leg raisers where I lay on a bench with my legs hanging off and raise them together to a vertical position.  I also do a sort of bicycle kick while keeping my legs low to the ground.  Then there is the "plank" where you rest on your elbows and make your back flat and rigid.  Try to hold it for a minute.  For a variation, do the opposite where you rest on one elbow at a time or both while looking up at the sky. All those will increase abdominal strength but I doubt that they will develop enough muscle to do what you want.  Good luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Sherry_Berry
on 6/28/08 9:30 am - Dacula, GA
I'm a huge fan of pilates...
Most Active