Kickoff Meeting for Marathon #2

MaryS
on 6/26/08 9:44 pm - Long Island, NY
I can't believe it is time to start seriously training for the marathon again.  It was a fast year since I was getting ready to train for my first marathon last year.  This year I am running with Fred's Team.  Fred's Team is a charity organization that raises money for cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering here in NY. Last night we had our kickoff meeting.  So, if being able to run a marathon isn't emotional enough for me, hearing all the stories about the good being done with the money raised by Fred's Team kept in me tears for a good portion of the meeting.  One of the areas that benefits the most is pediatric research.  Needless to say, it is especially touching to hear about the children that have beaten the odds.   We all know somebody who has fought the battle with cancer, so it is extra motivational to run with a group that is supporting cancer research.  I work for a biotech company that has a focuses on cancer, diabetes and obesity so I see first hand ever day the difference that can be made with cancer research.  Running to help cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering is extra special to me because my husband works there and I know it is a tremendous organization.       I am really excited about doing the marathon this year and being able to help a tremendous cause at the same time.  Here is the link to my fundraising page if you would like to make a donation to Fred's Team: https://fredsteam.mskcc.org/fundraising/Controller?action=us erHome&user_id=38501&event_id=113

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 6/27/08 4:21 am - Missoula, MT
Very Cool, Mary! Have fun with your training, and we'll be watching to make sure you stay on schedule. Linn
MaryS
on 6/27/08 5:59 am - Long Island, NY
Linn, Thanks, I think the program will be fun, it is a really dedicated group.  I am a little nervous about the marathon this year as I had such a good experience last year.   Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active