How do you not get dehydrated during a work out WHEN YOU SWEAT SO MUCH

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/08 1:14 pm - MN

I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO SWEAT BIG TIME WHEN I EXERCISE.  IF I ONLY  CAN SIP AND SIP HOW WOULD I STAY HYDRATED? WOULD I JUST HAVE TO DO LIGHT WORKOUTS? I HAVE ALWAYS OVERHEATED FAST AND JUST WANT TO BE CAREFULL BUT AT THE SAME TIME I (IN THE PAST) LOVE TO REALLY GET INTO WORKOUTS. ANY HELP WELCOMED

kypdurran
on 6/26/08 2:26 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

The farther out you get the larger volume of water you can drink in a sitting.  Having your surgery in February you really should be able to drink 4 - 8oz of water at a time now.  Do that multiple times during a workout and you will stay hydrated no problem.

Best of luck.

Chad

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 1:55 am - MN
Thanks for the help!
Amy_in_MA
on 6/26/08 11:17 pm, edited 6/26/08 11:17 pm - Danvers, MA
I make sure that I have had at least 40 oz. of water in my day before I even start a workout. Then, I usually sip on another 20 oz. throughout the course of my workout (35 minutes). Just keep taking sips and you'll be surprised how much you've gotten down if you just keep on doing it. Each of my "sips" is roughly 1 to 2 oz...very doable.

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 1:58 am - MN
Since I am preop I just dont know what to expect so thank you for your help i will emember it. 
Sherry_Berry
on 6/26/08 11:23 pm - Dacula, GA
I've done a sweat test the past 2 weeks... Both times I've lost 4 pounds, 9 ounces in one hour.
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 2:00 am - MN
Wow that is crazy. I hope others read this and remember to drink. Thank you.
Linn D.
on 6/27/08 4:19 am - Missoula, MT
I'm the oddball here, which is why I didn't reply earlier.  I don't drink when I work out and I sweat a lot also.  I'm completely soaked after a spin class or a run.  I may take a drink doing anything longer than 2 hours, but that's about it.  I'm thirsty when I'm done but I get plenty to drink afterward. We all have our own thing.  I get nauseous when I eat too soon before or drink during an intense workout.  Just my personal thing, but I've not had any trouble with being overly dehydrated.  I'm older also and have had a child, so I don't drink much before I run, either, so I'm sure to have an empty bladder. Linn
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 2:21 am - MN
HEY I LOVE TO HEAR FROM AS YOU SAID THE ODDBALLS CUZ KNOWING ME I WILL BE ONE ALSO. I GUESS EVERYONE IS SO DIFFERENT. THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
Most Active