Excess skin Question

jlo669
on 6/24/08 8:58 am - bohemia, NY
I was wondering did anyone work out the abs hard core and get rids or the ab muscle make your stomach look flatter?  All my weight is mainly in the stomach area and I was wonderign if with a routine that at tleast the appearance goes away through clothes.  When i wear this you can see my lets call it tray of muffun tops lol!!!! I just hired a trainer and  I don't think I would get apporved for TT so I was just wondering if anyone has had any expertise in this thanks!!!!
Linn D.
on 6/24/08 9:30 am - Missoula, MT

You can look at my before and after pics on my profile to see what I look like with clothes on, but I really need both a tummy tuck and a breast lift.  The more actual fat you lose around the midsection the better it will look.  I carried a lot around there as well, and it's okay now with clothes on.  I don't even look horribly bad in my running shirts that are mildly compressive. Ab work by itself won't help that, it's all about total fat loss in the area.  Ab work will tone and help you 'hold it in' but that's the best it can do.  I'm over 4 years post op.  There's a good chance I could get approved for the breast lift but not the tummy tuck so I just deal with a larger waist as best as I can. Not sure if it helped much, but that's how it stands for me. Linn

jlo669
on 6/24/08 11:45 am - bohemia, NY
Thanks it was helpful I'm about 2 years out at a good weight only need to lose about 20 LBS and I'll eb at my dream weight of 125 but I'm still happy either way.  I was just wondering I'm not a huge excersise person and now I;m at that point where i have to start working out to keep on losing.   I will take a look at your site thanks for your response!!!!!
K B (Tucson)
on 6/24/08 2:40 pm - Tucson, AZ
Working out certainly will help you get as much tone in your abs as possible, but your age, length of time you have been obese and amount of weight lost have a lot to do with how much excess skill you will end up with.  I ended up having tt, bl/ba as all my toning never helped me get rid of all my excess skin.  I will have learned to ignore my bat wings and saggy thighs (for now).  Before tt, I had nice stomach muscle definition, but the overhanging panni was unappealing.  I love the results of my ps, but of course, it was totally self-pay.
donnainhouston
on 6/24/08 10:56 pm - League City, TX

I regularly work with a trainer and spend some time focusing on abs and core.  I, too, carry most of my excess weight around the mid section.  Excercising abs and core will certainly tone and make stronger the muscle I have, but it will not get rid of pug-puppy like wrinkles the excess skin leaves behind as I lose weight.

I can wear quality compression type garments, like my tri suit, which didn't show any evidence of lose skin, but then when I try regular dri-fit material workout clothing, I can often see the wrinkles.  I just deal with it. 

If I'm really serious about keeping the "Pug in the Pound", I find a pair of Spanx.  LOL  Clearly not an option for all sexes... but I guess it could be; depends on what floats your boat. :) LOL

I never thought I would consider a TT, but the further along I get, the more I think about it. Hope you find something that works and if you do, fill us all in!

Donna :)

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

jlo669
on 6/25/08 1:16 am - bohemia, NY
Thanks for all your responses I started at 220 and now down to 150 I'm hoping with some major excersise it won't be to bad.  I bought the new avon cream fro strech marks it works fantastic it's only been a week and I can see the difference.  I also was wondering does anyone gain weight and lost on a daily basis?  for example I'm eating the same things halthy and in a week the scale says I gained 14 LBS how is that even possible?  just in one day I can gain and lose 5 Lbs does anyone have this issue it's so strange!!!
sharyn_pear
on 6/30/08 6:44 am - Australia
My guess would be its fluid...
Most Active