First Solo Tri Completed!

donnainhouston
on 6/24/08 5:00 am - League City, TX
I had a really huge WOW moment.  I completed another goal; finishing a triathlon.  The last time I did a tri, I was somewhere between 250 and 290 lbs.  I could only handle doing the biking part of a relay team.  Which I did, and did great, by the way.  That was back in 2003. Last weekend I did it solo.  The whole thing. Swim, Bike Run. :)  I feel very accomplished right now and just had to share with folks who would understand the magnitude of what  just did.  And yeah, there are more tri's in my future. :) There are some pictures from the event in my profile, here. Thanks everyone for being a constant source of motivation!  :) Donna
Seht
on 6/24/08 5:29 am
Awesome.  Congrats on your success. Thank you for sharing this.  Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

kypdurran
on 6/24/08 5:34 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Great job Donna!  You'll be an Ironwoman before you know it.  :)
kypdurran
on 6/24/08 5:37 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Ack!  TriAmerica!   The long course in New Orleans busted my ass last month.  :)

A buddy of mine did the sprint with you in Houston.  He told me it was much more organized than the fiasco they put on the New Orleans northshore last month.  

Congrats again!  Great accomplishment!

Chad

Sherry_Berry
on 6/24/08 5:44 am - Dacula, GA
ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!
puddin2day
on 6/24/08 6:01 am - Los Angeles, CA
Donna  You should so proud of yourself.   What an accomplishment!!! Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

MaryS
on 6/24/08 6:44 am - Long Island, NY

Donna, Congratulations, what a great accomplishment!  You should be very proud. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 6/24/08 7:17 am - Missoula, MT
Pretty Cool, Donna! Congratulations on this last great accomplishment! Linn
Cassie W.
on 6/24/08 8:23 am
Amazing accomplishment!  I really enjoying reading about the goals people set for themselves and the joy when those goals are met.  You can't help but want to follow in their footsteps. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

donnainhouston
on 6/26/08 10:50 pm - League City, TX
Cassie is my Daughter's name. :)

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Most Active