Tuesday's workout

Scott William
on 6/24/08 4:18 am
I ran 5.5 today and threw in a 7:32 mile at the midway point on the course that I will be running my mile race on Thursday.  I shouldn't have but couldn't help it. I also stretched for 15 minutes and did a few back and bicep exercises.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Mifiremedic
on 6/24/08 4:28 am - MI
I was activated this morning off the disabled list. So I decided to ride my bike to work this morning. It was great to get back in the saddle. It was the usual 13 miles, but I increased my cadence in hopes of a better time..

Linn D.
on 6/24/08 10:45 am - Missoula, MT
Glad you're feeling beter, Curt! Take care of yourself, now...
Mifiremedic
on 6/24/08 11:10 am - MI
The funny thing is that I thought I was taking care of myself. I have absolutely no idea what I did...

Seht
on 6/24/08 5:38 am
3 mile bike ride to work 1 mile bike ride to the gym 35 minute run, 100 meter swim 4 mile bike ride home. Feels weird breaking up the day like that, but it's the best I can do on work days. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 6/24/08 5:43 am - Missoula, MT
Running day off for me, but did a nice 50-min spin class then some upper body strength training. With all the training I'm doing for different things, the instructor asked how my body was holding up.  Awfully nice of her, and equally nice to report that I'm doing pretty well! Linn
Sherry_Berry
on 6/24/08 5:46 am - Dacula, GA
I lost some sleep last night! mind was RACING! Coach thinks I'm overtrained...so, he gave me my regular "hell tuesday" workout off. I'm headed out soon to teach spin for the tri club I coach with. Lots of uphills and lots of  "downhills" A lot of aero work...I'm making them brick too.
Linn D.
on 6/24/08 10:44 am - Missoula, MT
Sherry, I'm curious why your coach thinks you're overtrained.  Does it have to do with your slower 6-mile run you had the other day?  Are there other factors? I'm in nowhere near the shape you're in, but I'm curious of what to look out for since I really want improve both my endurance and my speeds. Linn
Sherry_Berry
on 6/24/08 11:14 am - Dacula, GA
On June 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM Pacific Time, Linn D. wrote:
Sherry, I'm curious why your coach thinks you're overtrained.  Does it have to do with your slower 6-mile run you had the other day?  Are there other factors? I'm in nowhere near the shape you're in, but I'm curious of what to look out for since I really want improve both my endurance and my speeds. Linn
Naw...it has nothing to do with my slow 6 miles...recovery weeks are notorious for being ****ty. I do well on hard weeks. It's the lack of sleep...your body is going, and won't let you relax...my mind was going 40mph last night. I couldn't relax enough to fall back asleep. I went to bed at 11 and awoke at 2. It's not anywhere near as bad right now with my IM training as it was with IMFL last year. Right now I'm on summer vacation...when I have Ironman Arizona I will be training harder for that race...AND working a full time job. The tri group I coach for ends at the end of September, so I'll have that to deal with too. Also, you'll know when you're overtrained when all you want to do is lay down in the middle of the trail and cry. Or the thought of hopping in the pool or going for a run makes you want to go postal. When I'm working 40 hour weeks and training 20...a lot is taken out of me. I teach music, so I'm very active in the classroom with the kids. There's that fine line...and when I cross it...I know. There's times when I'm whiney...but it's not the same. That's just me being lazy:)
puddin2day
on 6/24/08 5:59 am - Los Angeles, CA
I had to break up my long run between yesterday and today.  Yesterday I ran 3.44 miles (it helped that my apt. was hotter than a brick oven).  Then today I ran 3.06 miles for a grand total of 6.5 miles.  Because I will not be able to run on Saturday, I will have to run either tomorrow and Friday or Thursday and Friday.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active