No backing out now!

NicoleLynn
on 6/23/08 5:11 am - Minneapolis, MN
I just registered for my first 5K it is the In the Heart of the Summer 10K/5K on July 26th around Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis, MN.  I so excited!  I am really going to step up my training and do more running and less yoga in the hopes that I will be able to run most if not all of the 5K.  I think my family will be there as well since they are all really excited for me.  I so cannot wait for this it will be the first race I have ever done because I wanted to!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 6/23/08 5:18 am - Missoula, MT
Good for you, Nicole! I'm sure you'll do just fine.  Did you con any of your sisters into it also?  I've found that when one family member starts doing things like this, the others tend to want to do it too.  The family experience IS cool.    Linn
NicoleLynn
on 6/23/08 12:15 pm - Minneapolis, MN
I was hoping to get my little sister to do it with me, but she has a work function later that morning and didn't want to and my older sister lives in Iowa and is unsure if she will be able to make it yet, my little brother is moving to Idaho at the end of the month and neither of my parents are in the physcial shape to be able to do this yet.  So, I am on my own, but hopefully they will be there to cheer me on!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 6/25/08 1:38 am - Missoula, MT

One final thought.  I rarely have family at any of my races, so I just get to talking to other folks.  It's almost as fun that way.  The other thing is that it ends up being me vs the clock and I'm actually more focused on the race (especially the shorter ones).   5k's really are neat events.  There are people from many different fitness levels and most are out there to have fun or raise money for their cause.  I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of who makes it there to share it with you! Linn

MaryS
on 6/23/08 12:23 pm - Long Island, NY
That is great. I can't wait to hear all about it!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

MelissaM39
on 6/23/08 1:16 pm - MI
Go Get Em!  I bet you do great! 

Soft And Lovely
on 6/23/08 2:11 pm - IL
Can't wait to read your first race report after your first race!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

donnainhouston
on 6/24/08 11:08 pm - League City, TX

Good for you!  If there is one thing I can tell you is, remember that feeling you have once you've crossed that Finish line and after that 5K is over, if you're ever feeling less than motivated, recall it - after all, you only get one opportunity to have a "first" experience.

You always remember your "first".  Good luck to you!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Most Active