Monday Workout

Linn D.
on 6/23/08 5:32 am - Missoula, MT
What is everyone doing today? I did a short 3-mile run.  It was supposed to be a recovery run, but after the first 1.5 miles I bumped the tread from 6.7 to 6.9 for the next mile.  Then just to see if I could, I put it up to 7.5 for the last half mile.  So, I got 3 miles in just over 25 minutes. Then because I decided to be a good girl and quit with the bad attitude about swimming, I did 667 yards (20 laps in our small pool).  I also decided that what I need to do to get faster is to breathe after every 4 strokes (I'm much smoother in the water that way).  I did that for the last 5 laps.  As soon as I get my head wrapped around the idea that 750 yards in 15 minutes is totally doable (even for me), it will be so much easier to keep getting in the pool. Linn
Seht
on 6/23/08 5:43 am
Not a damn thing, and I feel like crap because of it. I was up too late last night, and I just couldn't drag my sorry ass out of bed this morning. That coupled with several meetings today, for which I need my car to get around, I didn't even ride my bike to work.  Have kiddie duty tonight, so I won't make the gym after work either. What a slacker. Full of excuses. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 6/23/08 5:49 am - Missoula, MT
Scott, Don't beat yourself up about it.  We all have those days.  Tomorrow's another day...
Dan_P.
on 6/23/08 6:05 am - Baltimore, MD
1/2 hour body pump class. 3 mile run. Ready for a siesta.
Mifiremedic
on 6/23/08 6:15 am - MI
Notta for me. I'm hoping to be activated off the disabled list tomorrow morning. My upper back is still giving me fits. I am hating it. Why now? Why couldnt it have happened 2 weeks ago?

Seht
on 6/23/08 6:43 am
I just feel sluggish.  It's not the I worked out and am tired feeling, it's the i'm a lump and don't want to get off the couch feeling.  I know I would be feeling better if I could have made it to the gym. Tomorrow I'll put in some extra work.  I plan to spend all day wednesday walking around Marine world theme park, I'm sure I'll put on some miles there.  Just gotta stay away from the corn dogs and other formerly heavenly foods Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Soft And Lovely
on 6/23/08 7:18 am - IL
walk/run 2 miles.  I bumped it up to walk 1min/run 1 min this week.  It's amazing how quickly improvements come when you are as deconditioned as I was!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Cassie W.
on 6/23/08 8:05 am
I used my bike for transportation for the first time, cycling the 12 miles home from work today.  Since my husband's car was in the shop, I had him drop me and my bike off at work so he could have my van.   The trip only took 53 minutes, so biking to and from work is certainly doable.   It'll just take a little preplanning to make sure that I have all the necessities in my office. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 6/23/08 9:12 am - Long Island, NY
Cassie, I am so jealous, I'd love to be able to bike to work.  The roads here just aren't bike friendly enough, plus I think it would take at least 1 1/2 hours if I could do it. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 6/24/08 8:45 am
Mary, Fortunately, I live just off a main highway with good shoulders.  I figured that I'd save a little money on gas and burn a few more calories.  Maybe, I'll finally lose those last 7 pounds that just won't go away. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active