sore leg or not

liz A.
on 6/21/08 11:09 pm
ok I signed up for another 5k!  yay!!! Its at one of my favorite parks too, which I often walk Bruno.     we were there Friday evening & I saw these people running & I felt so jealous.  I'm excited to get back at it.  I realized running makes me feel more confident & strong.....I like that

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Linn D.
on 6/21/08 11:28 pm - Missoula, MT
Great Kellee! It's funny, but those of us who run can't possibly really explain what we feel when we're doing it to those who don't. Just be sure to do the good IT band stretches before you run!   By the way, I got to thinking, is it time for new shoes yet?  Sometimes that's the underlying cause of some of the injuries.  I'm not sure what you weigh (none of my business) but since I'm a heavier runner and still choose lighter shoes they don't last me as long as they would the smaller chicks. Have fun at the 5k! Linn
liz A.
on 6/21/08 11:40 pm
the prob came about (I think) cause I waited too long to get "real" shoes.   since I got those real running shoes it has definitely helped.   yep on the stretches, the PT guy has me doing these stretches that I can do while at work, etc.  (I sit at a desk all day...ugh....we are so NOT meant to do that)   I'm stretchin' away :-) I see him again tuesday morning too.  I cant wait.   I can tell he's already loosened up stuff.   anyway, training resumes today.  now I just need to get off my butt.   have a great day!!!  

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Soft And Lovely
on 6/22/08 7:03 am - IL

Congrats for siging up for the 5k!  I hope you'll come back and tell us all about it.  I'm glad your leg is feeling well enough to get you back in the game.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

MaryS
on 6/22/08 7:38 am - Long Island, NY
Isn't is amazing to be jealous of people when you see them running when you aren't?  Good luck with the PT, and don't overdo the running.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Mifiremedic
on 6/22/08 10:05 am - MI
Way to get back in the saddle. Your representing Michigan very well..

Most Active