Geek toy

Seht
on 6/20/08 11:49 pm
O.K. i'm geeked out, I just got my first bike computer.  It's a cheapy, but it seems pretty cool.  I'm going to go test it out tomorrow morning. I guess I'm hooked now, I haven't even participated in the my first event, and I'm buying extras already.  It was on sale and I had a store credit so I thought WTH go ahead and get it. No more wondering how far or how fast I am going. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 6/21/08 12:09 am - Missoula, MT
My dad has one on his bike that I borrowed last weekend, but only the speed part works now.  I think it's a great idea!  It was nice for me knowing how fast I was going. I've still got 4 years of school, but when I get done and get a real job (again), I really want to look into having some better equipment. You're so funny, Scott!  Enjoy the new gadget! Linn
Seht
on 6/21/08 12:19 am
Yeah some day I'd like to get one of the garmin gps/training tools, but the top end model costs almost as much as my bike, so I don't really see that happening unless the price comes way down. I have always been a gadget guy, the more gadgets the better right?

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MaryS
on 6/21/08 1:02 am - Long Island, NY
I love toys!  I have the garmin gps and it is SO much fun, I love it.  Enjoy the computer and your new bike.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

panhead58fl
on 6/22/08 2:32 pm - Barboursville, WV
I just got the forerunner 405. Went and ran with it this evening, did a 10K in an hour. I mainly watch the heart rate monitor. Stayed at the 170 range to 176 for the hour. I need to go to garmin and download the software so I can transfer the information, so far I really like it. pan head
Most Active