My new bike & the bike I will ride in the Ironman

Sherry_Berry
on 6/21/08 5:41 am - Dacula, GA
Dude...if you get in KONA...you can totally do Florida. Walk the marathon if you have to. FL is an easy bike...until you get to the bumpies and the out and back section. For me...it's still a struggle with nutrition. I did a sweat test on thursday and lost 4 pounds, 9 oz in an hour. I'm using a custom drink mix, infinit. At Ironman Florida we don't know if I got too much sodium or too much water...I bloated 20 pounds. They weigh you before the race. I went to the med tent after when my fingers looked like sausages and I was "4 months pregnant" so to speak. Yup folks...20 pounds retained. I have my last century next weekend and then taper to lake placid. I opted for less sodium in my sports drink . I will try it next weekend. Coach figures I can always ADD sodium if I need it. I can't take it out. About mile 80 I can't eat solids anymore...then on the run...oddly enough...I enjoy gatorade and flat coke...none of which I use outside of long distance racing. If you're going to do IMFL I HIGHLY recommend you do gulf coast tri. It's the same course just about. Same swim. 99% same run. sorta similar bike... With that said, because of the HEAT in may in PCB...I found IMFL easier than the GCT. If you volunteer, special line...you'll get in fo shizzle! RAWR...a couple DOZEN books we can sell. Silly boy.
donnainhouston
on 6/24/08 11:27 pm - League City, TX

That is one HOT bike built for speed.  Hope it brings you to your speediest finish ever!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Kevin A.
on 6/26/08 4:06 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Very nice!!!

Alright the million dollar question is..... How much does a bike like that cost??

What the difference between a Tri-bike and a road bike??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
kypdurran
on 6/26/08 6:01 am - Baton Rouge, LA

It was $5K retail but the guy I got it from gave me the deal of a lifetime.  I couldn't be more happy with the price I paid or the actual bike.  It's a sweet ride.  

The biggest difference between a road bike and tri bike is the geometry of the frame.  The tri bike's more radical frame puts you almost over the front wheel in a aerodymaic position that allows for more speed and most importantly comfort as you are more 'stretched' out than on a road bike frame.   Climbing hills is a little more difficult in a tri-bike but I'm all about the comfort now.   I was getting off my bike into T2 during my races just flat ass exhausted for the run.  This bike will minimize the exhaustion and hopefully leave me a little more energy in the tank.  The full carbon frame absorbs ALL the virbrations on the road and the best way I can describe the ride is it's just like riding on a freshy paved road ALL the time.   It's sweet. 

Kevin A.
on 6/26/08 10:28 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Wow!! Can I make bike payments on it?? There so so much I don't know!! I guess I'll just live through you and the other Tri-racer for now!! Can wait to hear about your next race with your new ride!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Sherry_Berry
on 6/26/08 7:33 am - Dacula, GA
Equinox 9 5k retail? My bike shop sells it for $3500...ultegra parts...is that what you have?
Sherry_Berry
on 6/26/08 7:38 am - Dacula, GA
Here's the link... http://atlantacycling.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=6932 My Orbea has pretty much the same componants...1k less retail.
kypdurran
on 6/26/08 9:31 am - Baton Rouge, LA
I had them upgrade the crank, aero bars / extenders and all components to Duraace (sp.) heh, don't ask me what the advantage of Duraace is over ultegra cause I have no idea. I can't tell the difference in looks or weight.
Most Active