Dizzy spells

Soft And Lovely
on 6/21/08 10:52 pm - IL
I wanted to say congrats on the running!!!!  Isn't it great to finally feel like getting active? PS I have found that nuts are great for upping calorie intake without exploding the pouch if that's what yer lookin to do.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Scott William
on 6/22/08 1:58 am
I'm right there with you.  Even at 2.5 years out it still happens.  This morning I was throwing a shot put.  I bent over and when I stood back up I had to take a "catch me" step to keep from falling over.  Any time I stand up, I give myself a second or two to adjust before I move.  I din't know why it happens but you learn to deal with it. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
umber
on 6/25/08 1:13 pm - Rochester, NH
At Monday's support group I spoke to my NUT.  She had some great suggestions.  Now we're e-mailing back and forth and she's got a plan of a light, low-sugar, carby-and-protein both (not just protein like I was doing) snack of about 100calories a half hour before I work out.  Nothing to heavy on the stomach.  Today I tried her first suggestions of 1tbsp reduced fat peanut butter on graham cracker.  Working so far! Thanks everyone.  It was very supportive, and I appreciate it. She also told me that I should focus on getting faster, but not adding TOO much distance (not more than a 5K or so) this soon out.  I just don't have the intake to support it.   --Umber.

Lord, give me stregth and when I lack it, patience.  

Most Active