2 Years Out

Dan_P.
on 6/19/08 10:52 pm - Baltimore, MD
The words are meaningless to anyone who hasn't had to go through it. For the people here, you know the feeling. You are living the change. It is tremendous and bewildering.  I look back on me two years ago and partially don't believe I am where I am today. Partially I still feel 525. Sometimes emotionally too. I look forward to the day that I can just be me and not have to talk about the changes I've gone through unless I want to.  Celebrating with the inagural Baltimore 10 Mile Run tomorrow. I thank each and every one of you for your support, inspiration, sharing. I may have been able to do it without you, but it would've been a lot less fun if I had. Stonger Everyday.
MaryS
on 6/19/08 11:00 pm - Long Island, NY
Congratulations!  You certainly have made a remarkable change in your life, you are quite inspirational!  Good luck with the run tomorrow.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 6/19/08 11:02 pm - Missoula, MT
Gret post, Dan. Even as far out as I am (nearly 4.5 years) these thoughts still come to mind occasionally.  Eventually they don't consume you and you really do just get caught up in living.  I still tell people sometimes when I'm at races and they find it hard to believe, but I just tell them that this is how I keep it all off. We ARE a special group and have made major changes in our lives that truly deserve recognition, so Kudos to you and to all of us here making our lives more healthy and full! Linn
Rob S.
on 6/20/08 1:52 am - DE
It is quite amazing, where we have come from.  You have been an inspiration to all of us.  I am quickly closing in on my five year reunion.  This forum has been a great motivator for me.  Good luck to you tomorrow.  Just don't head out too fast.  Enjoy it.  Hope to meet up at Disney in 2009. Stay loose. Rob BTW.  Sometimes when I'm with a group of people who don't know the journey I've undergone I feel cheated.  But I tend to get over it fairly quickly.
Scott William
on 6/20/08 4:57 am
Dan, that's why we are all here.  Only we know what it was like before and how we feel now.  It's like living a dream.  These people are like a wierd kind of family and even though we rarely actually meet, the respect and love is there.  Congrats on your two years and for all your success!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Soft And Lovely
on 6/20/08 8:31 am - IL
Thanks for coming back to post and inspire those of us who are just getting started.  I hope you'll post a race report!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Most Active