Committed!

Rob S.
on 6/19/08 10:23 pm - DE

Yesterday I got our reservations to Disney World for the 2009 Marathon.  I guess there is no backing out now.   We will arrive on Thursday and stay at the Port Orleans Resort, Sunday is the marathon, and then leaving on Monday (hopefully I'll be able to walk and sit on a plane). For good measure I also signed up for the Virginia Beach Rock-n-Roll Half-Marathon in Septeber, and the Philadelpia Half-Marathon in November.   Need to get busy training now. Rob

Dan_P.
on 6/19/08 10:52 pm - Baltimore, MD
Nice. We're going to be there at the Contemporary for the same time period. Looking so forward to it!
Rob S.
on 6/20/08 1:55 am - DE
We should try and connect up one night.  Preferably before the marathon, since I can already feel the pain and misery in my legs afterwards. Rob
MaryS
on 6/19/08 11:01 pm - Long Island, NY
Sounds like lots of fun.  I wish I could go! 

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 6/20/08 1:56 am - DE
I wish you could be there.  You actually convinced me I could do this after reading about your NYC marathon last year.   Thanks. Rob
Linn D.
on 6/19/08 11:06 pm - Missoula, MT
You go, Rob! I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to try the half or full in Phoenix in January and what else I want to do in between.  I am signed up for a half next month and another tri in August, but It's really hard to find races in my neck of the woods come fall. Sounds like you're going to have a great time!  Keep us all posted! Linn
Rob S.
on 6/20/08 1:58 am - DE
Have fun at Phoenix.  Is that the Rock-N-Roll one?  Should be hot!   I'm doing the same half in Virginia Beach since my niece lives there and I can get some free boarding.  I decided not to do any full marathons before Disney, just in case I found out that it's not much fun. Rob
sharyn_pear
on 6/23/08 6:50 pm - Australia
lololol....... your post title made me chuckle.................in my job I can commit people for up to four hours until a doctor sees them Sharyn
Sherry_Berry
on 6/23/08 11:33 pm - Dacula, GA
Awesome! And as soon as the race opens for 2010, I expect you to sign up for the GOOFY CHALLENGE!
Rob S.
on 6/24/08 12:17 am - DE
Actually doing the GOOFY is not even in my line of sight.  When I finally get my marathon completed, I may start doing more of the sprint tris for awhile.  I just can't figure out the joy of running two long runs back-to-back. Rob
Most Active