New challenge

NicoleLynn
on 6/19/08 4:06 am - Minneapolis, MN
I have decided that I want to learn how to rock climb!  I live near and have a membership to REI and they have a huge rock climbing wall that I have always dreamt of climbing...So, next month I am going to go!  I believe that I have lost enough weight and gained enough muscle/stamina that I can do it.  I posted an invite on the MN board andhave one taker so far, but am hoping for more because I think it would be super fun to do with a bunch of WLS people.  I am also going to invite my sisters to come along because I think they too would really enjoy it. 

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 6/19/08 5:34 am - Missoula, MT
Good for you, Nicole! It sounds like it'd be a blast!  Have a great time! When I was in grad school, one of the others in my program was an avid rock climber and he took my son and I out one time.  It's pretty neat. Linn
Ruth A.
on 6/19/08 6:47 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Rather you than me - I have no head for heights.  But I bet it's great to fitness - have a fun time. Ruth

Deanna34
on 6/19/08 7:28 am - Salem, OR
You should definately do it!  I've done it twice and I have to admit it's a lot harder than I expected.  But I was thrilled that I was able to reach the top a few times!  It sure makes your fingers tired and your wrists too.  But it's an amazing sense of accomplishment!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

NicoleLynn
on 6/19/08 10:55 am - Minneapolis, MN
I talked to my little sis tonight and it is a go!  Now we just have to find a time and go!  The nice thing is she and I are relatively similar fitness levels. 

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

MaryS
on 6/19/08 10:58 am - Long Island, NY
Sounds like a lot of fun!  Let us know how it goes.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active