Morning Run!!!

Kevin A.
on 6/18/08 1:20 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
On my 4 miles this morning I was doing a 3 minute run 1 minute walk. On one of my walk breaks a women run up from behind and says "I was trying to catch you come on!!" Well you know how I like challenges I keep running to catch up to her. I see she has a Triathon tee shirt on.. while running I ask her how many has she as done? She done many Triathlons including a few Ironmans! Have you heard of the Ironmans?? But she says she had to stop doing Ironmans because of doctors orders!!

She has Multiple Sclerosis!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
marsheeeee
on 6/18/08 1:51 am - Jackson, MS
Multiple sclerosis???!!!???   Ok, that's it for me.  No more whining about my marathon training schedule! No more griping about their routing our runs uphill.  No more lying in bed wishing I could continue to lie in bed instead of getting up to go run.  I bow to that lady.  I am not worthy!  Marcia 
Kevin A.
on 6/18/08 7:16 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I know what you mean!! I could feel myself slacking off my workouts!! I think that was what I needed to get me back in gear!! While we were running she tell me that everyone needs a little push!!

I know I need one!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
puddin2day
on 6/18/08 5:11 am - Los Angeles, CA
Wow, that is awesome.  You go Kevin.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Kevin A.
on 6/18/08 7:18 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thanks Kimmie!!

How are your workouts?? How many miles are you up too?? You know if K not ready for Disney 1/2 marathon your going to have to step up and take her spot!! You better be ready!!
puddin2day
on 6/18/08 7:26 am - Los Angeles, CA
My workouts are okay.  By next week, I will be ready to do 6.5 miles.   You ought to see me now, I am sitting here with my mouth totally dropped open.   What did you say?  You took K's place in San Diego, now it's my turn to take her place in Anahiem.  You got jokes. 
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Kevin A.
on 6/18/08 7:57 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
That right!! So you know you better be ready if your going to take her spot!! They will scoop you up and give you a free bus ride to the finish if you going to slow!! That what keeped me focused last year!! No way I'm not going to finish!!!

Just giving you a little push!!
Kirsten :-)
on 6/18/08 7:39 am - Agoura Hills, CA

Excuse me????  She doesn’t need to be ready cuz I will be recovered in time!!!!!  So little faith in me, huh???  :-P

Kevin A.
on 6/18/08 7:52 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
You both better be ready or you'll will be getting a free bus ride to the finish!!!

Just giving you a little push!!!

Kirsten :-)
on 6/19/08 3:41 am, edited 6/19/08 3:41 am - Agoura Hills, CA

Whatever!  Let me recover from my plastic surgery first and get this wound to heal then you can push me.  Then YOU better be ready.....I'm sure you wouldn't want to get beat by someone who just had a lower body lift and didn't run for 4 months!  LOL

Most Active