A whole week of reporting!

Rob S.
on 6/17/08 4:38 am - DE
Well since I was on vacation last week and missed being online for 7 days I thought I would report back in on message.  The family spent the week at a Bed & Breakfast in Deep Creek Lake (Western Maryland).  We rented the entire B&B and occupied all ten bedrooms.  We had 21 people for seven days.  So needless to say I spent a lot of time outside.  Monday:  4 mile run around the peninsula before breakfast.  20 mile bike ride up and down a bunch of hills around the lake after breakfast.  The rest of the day was spent at the lake swimming. Tuesday:  Another 4 mile run around the peninsula before breakfast.  Went for a hike at Deep Creek State Park.  I took the 1/2 mile advanced route straight up the mountain, while the other five people took the long route of about 2 1/2 miles.  It took me 6.5 minutes to get to the top.  I was a little afraid to stop since I wasn't sure if I could start back up.  Once I got to the top I decided that I would go down one of the long trails to look for the rest of my relatives.  What a mistake.  I ended up jogging about four miles trying to find the path down and decided to turn around once I hit a private road.  I jogged back the four miles and arrived back at the top of the mountain at about the same time as the rest of the group.  They were all laughing as they saw me jogging up the trail.  Since they were all tired, we went down the route I took up.  Luckily, noone got hurt, because it fairly treachorous, with a lot of loose rock, roots, skunks, and quite a slope.  The afternoon I went for another 20-mile ride. Wednesday:  I felt energetic went I got up this morning, so I decided to run down to the town (one steep hill).  It was about four miles when I turned around and realized I had to run back up the hill to get back to the inn.  This is definitely the hardest four miles uphill I have ever run.  By the time I got back to the inn, I devoured breakfast.  Spent the afternoon kayaking around the lake. Thursday:  No running this morning.  I hooked up with some cyclist (21 to be exact) at the kayaking place, and went for a 50-mile bike ride.  I don't  think there is one flat area in Western Maryland.  Luckily, I didn't have to do a lot pulling, and was able to draft up many of the major climbs.  I was going to go for a run after dinner, but my wife read the riot act, so I went swimming in the lake with the kids instead. Friday:  Snuck out of the inn at 5:15am for my run today (my wife was sleeping).  I got in eight miles.  Went for a hike around the falls in the morning.  Spent the afternoon kayaking. Saturday:  Weather was crappy.  Went for a quick 4-mile run.  Spent the rest of the day wine tasting. Sunday:  Got in my last 4-mile run beforing packing up and driving home.  Mowed and weeded the rest of the day. Vacation is great.  I highly recommend it to everyone! Rob
Linn D.
on 6/17/08 7:32 am - Missoula, MT
Nice vacation, Rob! Thanks for letting us in.  Great workouts also! Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 6/17/08 10:03 am - IL
You are a machine!!  Thanks for sharing such an active and fun sounding vacation report.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Scott William
on 6/17/08 10:01 pm
Saturday:  Weather was crappy.  Went for a quick 4-mile run.  Spent the rest of the day wine tasting You wouldn't have said that a few years ago.  --- a quick 4 miler!! Glad you had a nice time.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Kevin A.
on 6/18/08 12:54 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
You call that a vacation?? I'm tired from just reading it!!Wow!! Glad you have great vacation!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Dan_P.
on 6/18/08 2:21 am - Baltimore, MD
Heck of a time Rob. Congrats on living it to the fullest!
puddin2day
on 6/18/08 5:18 am - Los Angeles, CA
Rob,  You are too much!   No one can't say that you don't work hard.   Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active