Tuesday's workout!

Scott William
on 6/17/08 1:02 am
I did an interval speed workout today at the gym. 1 Mile warm up .3 @ 6:27 pace .45 @ 6:17 pace .3 @ 6:17 pace .25 @ 5:50 pace - that was tough to hold on to.  Another 10 seconds and there would have been a huge hole in the wall directly behind the treadmill ! 3.8 miles total. 3 sets incline bench 3 sets cable tri ext. 3 sets lateral raises.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Dan_P.
on 6/17/08 1:54 am - Baltimore, MD
Day of rest. Probably will take a walk around downtown at lunch.
Linn D.
on 6/17/08 2:48 am - Missoula, MT
Scott, How much time do you take between the intervals?  I don't think my 2 minutes would be enough at those speeds! Linn
Scott William
on 6/17/08 3:56 am
It's usually about 3 minutes.  It is typically shy of a quarter mile.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 6/17/08 2:50 am - Missoula, MT
I did a spin class this morning then bit the bullet and did upper body strength training. I keep thinking about Earl and getting out (finding - I think I saw it a couple years ago) my old shot put.  It may make strength training more meaningful for me. Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/17/08 3:02 am - MI
I have a terrible habit of letting my mind tell me what I can and cant do. So I work up this morning with the thought of doing a triathlon that is equal to my next race.

So I did a 400 yard swim in my local lake. Exited the water as if I was in a real triathlon. Took off the wetsuit, and then stopped my stopwatch, while I drive home.

Once home I re-start my stop watch, get dressed, put on bike shoes, helmet, etc. Off I went for a 12 mile bike ride, just as I would in a real triathlon.

Upon returning home from the 12 mile bike ride, I went back into my make shift transition area, and got prepared for my 3 mile run. This is where I wasnt sure how I would do. I havent done any brick workouts this year.

The 5K (3 mile run) was awesome. I had very little wobbly legs at the beginning of the run. I ran the entire 5K, and felt really strong. I did the 5K portion of this triathlon faster than I had done my recent 5K race.

Well I was extremely happy with my results. I did the 400 yard swim, 12 mile bike and 3 mile run in 1 hour 22 minutes. I suppose from this little test, I will sign up for the triathlon that takes place the 28th of June.

Thanks
Linn D.
on 6/17/08 3:50 am - Missoula, MT
Way to go, Curt!  I'm glad you're signing up.  After this one I just did, I'm glad I'm signed up for the next one in August.   I totally understand the mental fight.  I do it some in every race, and every swim day. I just got my splits for my race, and I wasn't running nearly as slow as I thought.  Still not fast, but my 5K split was 28:56 with a 9:33 pace!  And here I thought it was probably 32 or 33 minutes. Unfortunately the swim, bike, and both transitions were all rolled into one time so I have no idea just how bad the swim was or how good the bike was, but I still feel better knowing I wasn't slogging as slowly as I thought. Linn
Chris Zane
on 6/17/08 4:36 am
I just joined a local running group and they are meeting tonight, so I plan to go and do some running tonight.  I don't really know what to expect - of course I'm worried everyone will be faster than me and want to run farther, but I don't really know that.  Plus it might rain in which case I might just go to the pool.
Ruth A.
on 6/17/08 5:16 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK

4 mins running @ 8.5 1 min walking @ 6.5 4.5 min running@ 8.5 20 mins walking@ 6.5 10 mins cross trainer upper arm & back weight machines

Soft And Lovely
on 6/17/08 7:24 am - IL
4.5 very hilly miles on bike today!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Most Active