2nd Triathlon Race Report

Linn D.
on 6/16/08 5:24 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks Curt! By the way, I bought the sports bra the same time I bought the tri top.  It was a tri top also and they were a matching set!  I realized I wasn't completely clear when I wrote the report.  I DO like to match! Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/16/08 5:33 am - MI
Okay just making sure you didnt clash... h aha
Linn D.
on 6/16/08 5:39 am - Missoula, MT
I know, gotta keep me in line!  I'm such a girl sometimes... Thanks for the giggle.
Mifiremedic
on 6/16/08 5:41 am - MI
And lastly, where are the great race pictures???
Linn D.
on 6/16/08 5:45 am - Missoula, MT
I was there all by myself.  No one to take pics.  My folks were working and my husband is working in Oklahoma at the moment.  Sorry.  If I find that there were some, I'll let everyone know and post them on my profile.
Mifiremedic
on 6/16/08 5:51 am - MI
Fair enough
Ruth A.
on 6/16/08 5:17 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Linn well done for pushing through that cold.  I really enjoy reading race reports, it gives a real feel of what it is like.  Thanks. 

Linn D.
on 6/16/08 5:29 am - Missoula, MT
Thank you Ruth. I try to be completely honest about how the races go because it really is hard to imagine otherwise.  Sometimes it really is hard, but it's also important to see that the obstacles aren't insurmountable and you do feel good at the end. Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 6/16/08 5:52 am - IL
Awsome job Linn!  I still want to be you when I grow up.    I never thought of using back and side strokes in a tri.  Those two are actually my strongest.  Hmm... something to think about...

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Linn D.
on 6/16/08 6:17 am - Missoula, MT

Thank you! Some tri's don't allow backstroke if the swim part is in a pool, but there is a lot of side and breast stroke happening when people get tired. The people who do well in tri's are generally good swimmers.  The winner in my age bracket was only 9 minutes faster than I was.  A good swimmer can finish the swim in 20 minutes or less and I'm sure I took over 30.  LIke I said, I need to get a lot more swimming in to improve my times.  I've got 2 months until the next...

Most Active