Half Marathon report ...

MaryS
on 6/15/08 3:21 am - Long Island, NY
Deanna, I've been thinking about you!  I was wondering how the 1/2 marathon went.  Congratulations on finishing and with a great time despite your obstacles.  I'm so happy for you!! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

misstilly
on 6/15/08 5:37 am - Cosby, TN
Congrats Deanna, you are my inspiration.  I'm doindg my 2nd 5K june 28. Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Linn D.
on 6/15/08 1:25 pm - Missoula, MT
Fabulous Job Deanna!!!  I was thinking about you all day yesterday hoping it all went well. I used to pull my groin every year in high school doing the shot put - I understand that pain.  I'm sure your hubby will do whatever he can to help you feel better I can't believe how great you look even at the end!  You did soooo well dealing with all the things that can come up, and I know how you feel about signing up for another one! Take care and heal, and I can't wait to hear what's coming up next. Linn
Kevin A.
on 6/15/08 2:41 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
YEA!!! I knew you would finish and have a great time!!! Now that you done a half-marathon your ready for a full marathon!! That when the fun really starts!! Rest up and get ready for your next race!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
1texasmom
on 6/15/08 10:27 pm
Sounds like you had fun through it all.  And your pictures...it doesn't look like you had any pain at all.  It looks like you worked hard and won!  God for you!!

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Dan_P.
on 6/15/08 11:20 pm - Baltimore, MD
Congrats Deanna! You pushed through when most would have quit. Congrats on finding a way! Pic's look great! -Dan
kypdurran
on 6/18/08 1:24 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats Deanna.  It's the tougher races that we seem to remember for some reason.  :)

If it were easy everyone would be doing it!  Congrats again on your finish!

Chad

wjoegreen
on 6/18/08 7:20 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Dee, Sorry for the late post. I'm ust not getting out here as much lately but I saw your post and had to respond.  You did a terrific job.  Signing up for a half took more guts than a lot of folks have. Starting it, and not feeling weel or have eaten, etc, takes even more guts.  Working through the physical and mental barriers of the race,....sheer grit and determination.  You are one beautiful and tough lady.  Your husband and kids are sure lucky to have you out there. Thanks for posting your incredible journey and experience.  My turn is coming up in November. Hold on to that strength when little things seem to be gettting to you. Your bud in VA, Joe 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active