TRYathlon completed

Chris Zane
on 6/14/08 2:38 am
This was a fun, short triathlon - sponsored through community ed.  You might want to look in your community, it seems more and more are doing these.  It is a great place to start. I did a sprint tri two weeks ago, so I figured this one would be easier for me since it was so much shorter.  My goal was 33:30. The swim was in a pool which was awesome, except that only 8 people could go at a time.  I was in the 3rd heat.  I didn't quite figure out my swim time, but I think it was around 10:30 for 400m.  So far, so good.  I had figured to do it between 10 and 11 minutes. The transition was quick - I didn't even bother drying off - just pulled my clothes on and took off on the bike.  It was 2 miles - I think it took me about 8 1/2 minutes.  I got the gloves off while riding back into the parking lot, got the bike parked and helmet off, grabbed a quick drink of water and took off on the run. It was a 1 mile run, but running is still the hardest for me.  I walked at a couple of points, just to catch my breath.  I felt like I was still gasping at times from the swim and bike.  I think I made it third out of the pool and then passed one woman on the bike, so I was in second in my heat at that point.  I looked back and there she was and I could tell that she would pass me, but it gave me incentive to pick it up a notch.  The end of the race was onto the track and 3/4 of the way around.  I think my mile time was around 10:30 - I've gone faster in the past, but not after swimming and biking. I finished in 32:45, so about 1 min 15 sec faster than I had hoped.  That felt great.  It was a beautiful day, perfect weather and a really nice little race. I've got another one next weekend - it is 200m swim, 8 mi bike, 2 mi run.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm getting a little addicted to these.
Linn D.
on 6/14/08 2:41 am - Missoula, MT
Nice Job! I'm glad you had a great time.  Looking forward to hearing about the next! Linn
Deanna34
on 6/14/08 12:18 pm - Salem, OR
Zoe, that is fabulous!!!  You did a really great job!!! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Ruth A.
on 6/15/08 4:51 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks for the report - I've never heard of these races - they sound interesting and fun.  Great that you finished quicker than you hoped!!  Yay. Hope the next one goes just as well - look forward to hearing about it. Ruth

Soft And Lovely
on 6/15/08 7:54 am - IL
Thanks for the report!  WTG for smashing your goal!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

kypdurran
on 6/18/08 1:27 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats on your race!  Sounds like you had a blast and that's what it's all about!

Yeah they are quite addicting...  and expensive.  Don't let anyone tell you that the sport of triathlon is anything but.  My new bike is gonna cost...  well...  too much.  I'm embarrased to even post it here.  Heh heh.

Chad

Sherry_Berry
on 6/20/08 6:13 am - Dacula, GA
Good job! Do you own triathlon clothes? You should be wearing the same outfit for the entire race...the only thing you should be changing is your shoes.
Chris Zane
on 6/21/08 3:30 am
Not sure if you are asking me or Chad, but I don't have a tri suit.  I'm not that into the sport yet to justify the purchase.  Maybe someday.  I usually just put shorts and a shirt over my swim suit.  I don't change shoes - just wear the same ones for the bike and run.
Most Active