This weekends races..

Mifiremedic
on 6/12/08 9:31 pm - MI
I wish those who are scheduled for race this weekend, good luck.

Once again, it seems that:

Deanna- is doing a Half marathon

Linn- is doing a triathlon (with her all pink uniform and pink bike)

Chad- I'm sure he is doing another triathlon.

I'm sure there are others, if I missed you, please feel free to add on.

I am doing my second 10K of the year, and cant wait. I feel I am in such better shape than my first 10K, plus a bit wiser about how to do a race.

Curt
Chris Zane
on 6/12/08 10:26 pm
I'm doing a TRYathlon - a very short triathlon on Saturday.  I'm looking forward to it - it should be a beautiful day.
Linn D.
on 6/12/08 11:45 pm, edited 6/12/08 11:46 pm - Missoula, MT
Curt,  You beat me to the punch this morning (and made me giggle again).  With so many races going on, I agree that it's a nice idea to have everyone announce their race in a common thread. My tri is a little sprint one on Sunday: half mile swim, 12.7 mi bike, 5K run.  I'm hoping for a 1:45 time. You're going to kick butt in your race!  I've been watching your run times... Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/12/08 11:58 pm - MI
You've been watching me? I knew someone was... I had the feeling.. haha...

Yes, I really feel in good shape, but I've been cooped up at work since yesterday morning. And I'm hoping to get paroled tonight. Was hoping to get in a couple small/short runs, but with work getting in my way, that never happened..

Linn D.
on 6/13/08 12:10 am - Missoula, MT
I was going to suggest that you didn't take any more than one more run this week anyway.  You will be amazed at how much better fresh legs feel.  Plus, it's fun to run fast!   I'm looking forward to seeing how you push yourself!  Do you have a time in mind?  I'm thinking 55 min or less is well within your capabilities.  I hope the weather is just right and you have a great experience! Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/13/08 12:41 am - MI
Well my first (which was only one) was done in 56 mins. So I am shooting for 50-52 mins. I need to set a good rhythm from the start, because I have a tendency to go out to fast, and then run empty at the end. But if I start out to slow, then I have a hard time increasing the speed. So I need to set out on a nice pace that will last throughout the race and get me in at the time I am hoping for.

Linn D.
on 6/13/08 5:15 am - Missoula, MT
Yeah, I thought I way underestimated, so I'm glad you corrected me! By the way, I now have pink nails, too! Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/13/08 5:21 am - MI
So that is:

Pink outfit
Pink shoes
Pink bike
Pink toe nails

Did I miss anything else? ha ha
Linn D.
on 6/13/08 5:24 am - Missoula, MT
Pink bike helmet, too! I really don't have a pink bike.   Yet... Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/13/08 5:26 am - MI
That cant happen, because you would then clash.. And that CANT happen....

I'm sorry I forgot the pink helmet
Most Active