First brick workout

Seht
on 6/11/08 3:55 pm
Decided to try my first brick 8 mile ride 2 mile run. It was easy, wasn't even tired when I finished.  I think for me it's the boredome.  I start trying to rationalize quitting.  It's not like my chest was burning, or I was out of breath or anything like that, yet I found that I was looking for a reason to stop or trying to justify that one mile would be good enough. Oh well,  now I know I can do it. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 6/12/08 1:49 am - Missoula, MT
Good job, Scott!    It might help you to ride harder and try to run harder as well.  When we challenge ourselves a little more it's easier to stay engaged in the activity.  Doing bricks is great.  I'm usually pretty tired when I'm done with one.   Linn
misstilly
on 6/12/08 3:06 am - Cosby, TN
I'm just new to all this.  I have done a 5K with another one planned for the end of the month.  I didn't realize that going from the bike to the treadmill was called a bric****il recently.  I have been doing them for about 2 months.  I ride the bike for 8 miles at level 4 and run on the treadmill for 3miles at 5.0.  I'm starting to up the running to 3.5 this week.  I feel a little tired when I'm done but not exhausted.  I have noticed that my legs are a little more sore than normal.   I love this board I am glad I have found it.  I usually lurk. Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Soft And Lovely
on 6/12/08 12:00 pm - IL
I'm certainly not bored yet but I know me and my butterfly attention span.   I'm thinking about putting books on tape (cd) on my mp3 to combat it.    I hope the library has some good ones!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Most Active