Wednesday Workout

Dan_P.
on 6/11/08 3:04 am - Baltimore, MD
3 mile run.  High heat broke last night so I ran this morning. Beautiful mid 70's with light wind and semi-swift feet.  Booked flight and hotel for Disney in January yesterday. Makes it all the more real now!
Scott William
on 6/11/08 4:53 am
I am just getting giddy thinking about it.  Exactly 7 months from today is the Half!!!!!!!  Oh, it's real.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Cassie W.
on 6/11/08 12:11 pm
Scott and Dan, I'm so jealous.  I'd love to go back to Disney again, but it's just not going to work out for me in 2009.  You're going to have such a great time!   Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 6/11/08 4:54 am - Missoula, MT

Very cool, Dan!  When I booked my flight for Phoenix last summer it really helped me focus on the plan at hand.  I paid all that money so I HAD to make sure I was ready.   Just got back from the gym myself.  I hadn't really planned on a speed workout, but that's kind of how it worked out.   This is what I did:  15 min each at 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 then 5 min at 7.0 followed by 2 min each 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 then did 5 min at 6.6 to start cooling down.  I love it when it feels that good!  Total run miles were 7.35 in 65 min.  Then I put on the wetsuit to see if I can swim in it and did about 100 yds.  I think it will work out just fine.    

Linn

puddin2day
on 6/11/08 7:25 am, edited 6/11/08 12:53 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I am going to a yoga class this evening, sponsored by my job.  I will let everyone know how it went. Edit: The hour long yoga class went well.  I have found out that I am not very flexible (okay I knew that).  We did poses that I was familiar with and some that I was not so familiar with.  The class was $10 and  will deducted out of my paycheck.  I have found out that any prolonged pressure on my hands hurt.  Will that get better with time?  The jury is still out on whether or not I will take another class.  Each student recieved a week pass for classes at Yogaworks.  The instructor said that I did very well. We'll see.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Soft And Lovely
on 6/11/08 7:52 am - IL
y'all ready for this??  According to the mile markers on the trail I walked/ran, I went 2.5 miles in 30 minutes!!    A 12 minute mile ain't bad for a lady carrying still carrying around an extra 5th grader's worth of weight.  I walked an extra mile and a quarter for cool down.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Deanna34
on 6/11/08 9:15 am - Salem, OR
I'm going INSANE waiting out my "rest" period before my half marathon on Saturday.  I'm either scared that I will grow accustomed to this lack of exercise or I'm battling the guilt of not running!  It's frustrating me!!! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Cassie W.
on 6/11/08 12:21 pm
Deanna, You are going to have an amazing run because you're tackling the half marathon with fresh legs.   The rest period is hard after all your training, but it really does make a difference.   This is the week to do some of those other luxuries that we sometimes put aside because of time constraints . . . reading a good book, calling a friend you haven't talked to in ages, scheduling a night out with friends.  Your body deserves and needs the rest. And you don't have to worry about growing accustomed to the lack of exercise.  Once you cross that finish line, you're going to be hungry for more and the training cycle starts all over again. Best of luck to you Saturday. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

tarateacher
on 6/11/08 11:54 am
RNY on 08/07/07 with
short runs forme right now.  ran 1.75 last night in the blazing heat.  did 1.16 in today just before I went to an hour long pilates reformer class... that is it for me so far - had endoscopy MOnday so no exercise that dya - just SLEEP! Tara

Tara

Earl C.
on 6/11/08 11:54 am - Circleville, OH
Took Tuesday completely off - I didn't see the truck that hit me, but it was BIG! Wed 1 to 1:30 throwing practice 8:45 pm to 9:15 pm @ work throwing practice. Earl
Most Active