I did it!

Andrea U.
on 6/11/08 5:11 am - Wilson, NC
You guys know what it's like to jog that first 30 minutes without stopping. I did that this morning!  I'm so happy I could burst! I plan on sticking with 30 minutes for a few more days.. then start mixing up speeds (I'm at 4.0) and maybe inclines.  Any suggestions?  I also tend to use the elliptical and honestly think it helped me get my endurance up at higher HR's.
Linn D.
on 6/11/08 5:43 am - Missoula, MT

Great job!  It does feel pretty amazing.  If you want to increase your speeds, once a week try incorporating either bursts of faster speeds for a minute at a time or a slow progression over time.  If I were you, I'd start doing the first 10 min at 4.0, the next 10 at 4.1 and the last 10 at 4.2 if you can.  Working with the incline is good also, but keep your speed constant when you increase the incline.  It will help both speed and endurance.  Strangely enough, you've just done the hard part.  Getting faster is a lot easier than you might think.     Scott and I both post how we do our speed workouts.  Don't be intimidated by the speeds used, but take the ideas and work them into what you can do.  I did something of a speed workout today.         Linn

Soft And Lovely
on 6/11/08 10:16 am - IL
Great work!!  I am much too new to have any suggestions for you.  I just wanted to say you go gurl!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

puddin2day
on 6/12/08 2:41 am - Los Angeles, CA

That is great.  Keep up the good work.

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Scott William
on 6/12/08 3:00 am
Way to go!!!  My only advice is to increase the intensity and or the duration.  Longer and faster as you feel comfortable.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Ruth A.
on 6/12/08 5:31 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
No, I don't know what it feels like, but I know how I felt when I managed to run a mile in 12.5 minutes without stopping - I was elated and felt on top of the world, so I imagine you feel that too.  It must be amazing feeling to run for 30 minutes without stopping - fantastic!!  Well done. Whatever you have done to get this far is obviously working, so my advice (from an bsolute beginner with no exerience whatsoever!!!) is to keep doing what you've been doing!!!

Most Active