Another question

Anniep59
on 6/9/08 1:05 am - Pittsboro, NC
I have developed my daily workout over the past few months and am loving it. My question is does our bodies need a break from daily workout? I am feeling like if I dont do it my body is screaming at me to go do it. I am also afraid that my body will get so used to it  that it wont help me shedd the extra weight. I do change up on my work out once a week to keep going farther and adding more time on my machines. I was going for 45 minutes on my treadmill this morning and was just 10 minutes away from making 45 minutes when a delivery man came to the door. I also break up my workouts and do it twice a day. I feel in the morning this helps me jump start my metabolsim (sp) and then do more working out in the late afternoon. Any advice would be great.                                        Annie

It is never too late to be what you might have been.?

www.youravon.com/annieadams 

Linn D.
on 6/9/08 4:31 am - Missoula, MT
I usually rest one day a week from hard core training.  Other than that, I try to take a slack week about every 4, but I'm also training for events and in maintenance.  The only thing to be really careful of is that you're eating enough.  If you don't, weight loss will drastically slow down because you're not giving your body enough and it will slow everything way down.  It is good to change things up now and then, and every extra minute of cardio is beneficial to your health in the long run.    Linn
Anniep59
on 6/9/08 5:31 am - Pittsboro, NC
Thanks so much for your responce. My working out is already paying off big time. I had my BP taken last week and I cried tears of joy it was 112/55 This was totally without medication.                                     Annie

Scott William
on 6/10/08 1:53 am
Rest is always good as it gives time for healing.  Change is also good because it shocks the body.  It lets the body know that you are still looking to challange it.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Anniep59
on 6/10/08 3:36 am - Pittsboro, NC
Thanks Scott for the info. I am working on building my time up on the eleiptical trainor I did 15 minutes today then 45 on the treadmill. This afternoon will be doing 30 on the treadmill. I have to admit I feel like a million bucks. Not to mention the energy I get after working out.                                  Annie

Most Active