Need suggestions for good home exercise DVDs

Julie D.
on 6/9/08 2:32 am - Stephenville, TX
I love going to the gym, but some days it's hard to get up there.  Does anyone have suggestions for good work out DVDs that can be done at home?  I saw an infomercial about Core Rhythms and was wondering if it's a good program.  Any kind of DVDs would be good, I'm not particular altough I do need help mostly in the core area.  Thanks! Julie

Much Love,
Jules

puddin2day
on 6/9/08 5:55 am - Los Angeles, CA
Julie, Have you tried Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansome?  They are great.   If you can do kicks, knee lifts, side steps and marching in place, then you can do anyone of her dvds.  I like them because you don't need a lot of floor space to do the exercises.  Music is upbeat.  Leslie can be a little chatty, but that was okay with me.  Her dvds range from 1 mile (18 mins) to 5 miles (64 mins).   Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 2:56 pm - San Juan Capistrano, CA
RNY on 07/11/07 with
Hi Kim,   I have a question about the Leslie Sansome walk away the pounds DVD.   I've never used any kind of exercise video or dvd, so I know nothing about them.    Do I need a DVD attached to a tv to play them?    I'm not much on walking in place, could it be used when I am on the treadmill?   I know my questions are kind of remedial, but I figure if I get this going now it's better late than never.  Any advise would be appreciated.
puddin2day
on 6/11/08 1:26 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Jan, You cannot use the WATP tapes/dvds on the treadmill.  Yes you do need a dvd player attached to a tv to play them.  Leslie's workouts really gets your heart pumping and depending on which one you do,  they can make you sweat also. Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

stellalukin
on 6/9/08 11:27 am - Cambridge, MA
I love & adore Cathe Friedrich, I would follow her anywhere!  Her website is www.cathe.com, and if you click on "ask cathe" up at the top, she has forums where she and her fans discuss her DVDs and you can find out the best place to start with them.  I love her Stretch Max DVD right now, but I have most of them & she definitely has awesome core workouts. 
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

Most Active