A Beginning

Soft And Lovely
on 6/9/08 2:13 am - IL
And so, at 10am this morning, in dirty shorts and t-shirt, black men's work socks, and shoes that are not only old but also REALLY wrong, I went out and did my first 2/1 walk/run (don't worry, I'm going to a running store tomorrow).  I am so proud of myself I'm fit to bust!  I completed 10 cycles or 30 minutes.  Right now I'm sitting here stinking out loud!  I need to shower but I had to stop and write about it first.   Tomorrow is the official start of my bike/toning phase of training.  I bought a stationary bike but I'm going to get some money out of my savings account and get a cheapo mountain bike for outside training and also cash for good running shoes too! I will be attempting to sign up for 3 local races today that are two months apart.  That should keep me motivated through December.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Linn D.
on 6/9/08 4:33 am - Missoula, MT
I'm proud of you too!  Sometimes the first step is the hardest to take, and you've managed beautifully!      Linn
Mifiremedic
on 6/9/08 5:19 am - MI
Linn, stole my response.... Now I have nothing to say..
Soft And Lovely
on 6/9/08 8:39 am - IL
Thank you both!  Shoes and bike will be coming home tomorrow.

HW/SW/CW/GW*

donnainhouston
on 6/10/08 12:53 am - League City, TX
Remember, you're only going to get better! Kudos on getting out there and doing it!
Soft And Lovely
on 6/10/08 10:01 am - IL
Thanks!  Tomorrow is my second run/walk day and the first time I'll try it in my INSANELY expensive proper running shoes.

HW/SW/CW/GW*

Most Active