Weekend Workouts

Cassie W.
on 6/8/08 9:37 am
Saturday - 5.5 miles running at a nice relaxed pace with a 10-year old training for his first 15K.  With a little unsolicited advice, he made it to the top of a couple of tough hills without having to stop.   Working with new runners is so rewarding. Sunday - 8 miles biking with my husband.  All these recent posts about duathlons and triathlons have started me thinking  . . .  Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Mifiremedic
on 6/8/08 9:54 am - MI
Thanks for asking. I did 6.5 miles this morning before it got wickedly humid. I am working on trying to find a nice pace to set to run my second 10K this weekend. I ran the first half at a slow pace, but the last half was at a faster pace. I need to learn to find a nice pace to stay in, and stay there throughout.

Ugghhhhh
Linn D.
on 6/8/08 10:07 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Cassie!   Saturday was a 10K race, today I did an hour spin class then half mile swim.  Decided to stay off my feet for a day since my hips were a little sore this morning.      Linn
Soft And Lovely
on 6/8/08 10:15 am, edited 6/9/08 1:25 am - IL
I'm early to the fitness game I'll put my lil exercise on here so lurkers  can see what newbies do too.  Saturday - walking 1 mile round trip walk to the lake with my daughter.  We take stale bread and feed the fish that live there. Also a trip to Super Walmart to buy an exercise bike.  We deliberately walked all the way around the store before we got to the sporting goods section just to put in some extra steps. 10 minutes on exercise bike Sunday - walking 2 miles.  It was raining this morning so we got our umbrellas and walked to my daughter's play date and home again.  After we got home I took her out on her "big girl" bike (as opposed to tricycle).  Today was the first day she was able to actually work the pedals all by herself.  We took two tours around the block with her riding and me walking.  I'm thrilled she finally gets it!  Then we went on our walk to the lake.  The rain scared the fish away  so no one ate our stale bread today. Since none of the day's walking was aerobic, I will probably do at least 10 more minutes on the bike tonight.  ***EDIT*** 15 mins on bike

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Earl C.
on 6/8/08 12:08 pm - Circleville, OH
Sunday 12:45 pm to 1:30  throwing practice 8:45 pm to 9:30 pm @ work gym 5 min warmup Suspended Floor press medium grip Suspended Floor press narrow grip Incline Discus Flyes Earl
Kevin A.
on 6/8/08 3:04 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Saturday- 6 mile recovery run from the marathon. It felt good until I tried to pu**** the last 3 miles. So I slow down and walked the last mile.

Sunday- Volunteer at Kirsten mom's race. The Valley Crest 1/2 marathon. It a trail run through the Mulholland fire roads. Very very hard race. One of my marathon coaches told me after the race it was harder than any marathon he has run!! I think I found my next challenge!!!

http://www.trailrunevents.com
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Kirsten :-)
on 6/9/08 4:54 am - Agoura Hills, CA
I knew you'd be hooked!  :-P  Get ready for August....Bulldog Baby!!!!
Deanna34
on 6/9/08 3:31 am - Salem, OR
We took a quick weekend vacation to the Oregon Coast but I got up early on Sunday morning and ran the promenade!  It was GREAT!  It was somewhere between 4.50 and 5 miles.  It was a fabulous view to run by! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 6/9/08 5:24 am - MI
It was somewhere between 4.5 and 5 miles? You mean you didnt plot it out. Usually when people guess, it ends up be only about half if what they thought it was. Plus I wont even say anything about you being from Oregon...

Deanna34
on 6/9/08 5:28 am - Salem, OR
You are such a SNOT!  Yes, I did plot it out before I even went.  And I plotted it to be 4.45 miles but I added some section to it while I was there which made it more than 4.50 but probably less than 5.0.  I'm NOT stupid!!!

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active