Thursday Workout

Deanna34
on 6/6/08 12:45 am - Salem, OR
Wow, Ruth!  That is a fabulous time!!!  I'm so proud of you!!!  You're doing great!!! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Ruth A.
on 6/6/08 5:07 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks Deanna now I'm over the mental hurdle, even if it hurts and I'm out of breath, I KNOW i can do it, so push myself along!  Boy, how you do the distances you do I don't know.  My friend told me that it is easier to run faster than at a slower pace - what do you think?

puddin2day
on 6/6/08 12:58 am - Los Angeles, CA
Ruth, that is really good time.  Keep it up. Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Ruth A.
on 6/6/08 5:10 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks Kim.

Anne Crawford
on 6/5/08 11:43 am - GA
I went an hour on the elliptical, did some upper body strength training, and did my squats & lunges....
320/199/140<<<
Updated since I had my baby....280(highest pregnant)/245(current)/140 still is my goal and I know I can do it!!!

Earl C.
on 6/5/08 12:07 pm - Circleville, OH
45 minute throwing session before work 8:25 pm to 9 pm @ work gym 5 min warm up Power snatch/overhead squat Front Squat Lunges Earl
striveforhealth
on 6/5/08 12:10 pm - Portsmouth, NH
Hi - I haven't checked in in a while.  Our 10K training group did 7 miles tonight!!!  I did walk a couple of times but that's ok.  It was kind of hilly, but a beautiful run!  The 10K race is on 6/14, so just 1 more week of training for this race.  I'm maintaining my pace of 12 to 12:30/mile. 

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Linn D.
on 6/5/08 12:13 pm - Missoula, MT
I for one am so very proud of you for sticking with it!  You've done a great job training, and the race is almost here!  You'll do great!      Linn
MaryS
on 6/5/08 10:23 pm - Long Island, NY
Linn - wow!  I wish I had more time to work out.  Work is really getting in the way lately - it is very stressful.  I was glad I had a session with my trainer yesterday otherwise I would most likely have blown off the workout.  I did 20 min on the stationary bike and a weight work out with my trainer.  It was a great workout and I'm glad I got to do it! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 6/6/08 12:35 am - Missoula, MT
Mary,  remember that I'm an unemployed student and my husband is working out of state.  I think I'd go nuts without the gym.  It's great for training, though.  Hey, I looked up training plans and qualifying times on the NYC marathon website.  It may take some significant workout time, but on a good day with no potty stops, I think I could do a half in 1:44 by Phoenix in January and qualify without the lottery!  That's one I'd like to do, and how cool would it be just to qualify!      Linn
Most Active