Thursday Workout

Linn D.
on 6/5/08 7:27 am - Missoula, MT
So I got new shoes today and decided to try them out with a speed workout.  I did 10 min warm-up and cool down at 6.6 and 4 repeats of 7.1 (5 min):6.6 (2min) for a total of 5.25 miles in 46 minutes.  I'm going back in an hour for a spin class.     Linn
Deanna34
on 6/5/08 7:29 am - Salem, OR
My goodness, Linn!  You're putting us all to shame!  I put in 45 minutes on the elliptical! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 6/5/08 7:40 am - Missoula, MT
Deanna,  I was looking back at some of my times before I pulled my hamstring and I actually did a 52:55 10K!  I'm not that fast yet, but it's a lot of fun being able to go faster.  I'm doing a 10k this weekend.  I think it's a hilly course so I don't expect to be much under an hour (if I even am), but I'm definitely hopeful!  I am also doing a tri next weekend so I am doing significant amounts of training.  Besides, I'm on summer break, unemployed, and can't think of anything better to do with my time!     Linn
liz A.
on 6/5/08 8:16 am
ran for 25 min on lunch hour.  trying to get  out & walk/run tonight...but its HOT. my motivator:  dating disasters.  ugh.  

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Mifiremedic
on 6/5/08 8:59 am - MI
Great job Kellee... I knew the threat of a kick in pants would get you motivated again...
Mifiremedic
on 6/5/08 8:58 am - MI
I had big plans for today, but I was only able to get in a 3 mile run this morning. And like Kellee said, its HOT here, well more like humid...

Signed up for a 10K next weekend..

puddin2day
on 6/5/08 9:27 am - Los Angeles, CA
I ran 1.93 miles this morning in 32 mins.  I went to bed late, so I knew that I did not want to get up and run this morning.  How did I deal with that?  Don't laugh.  I slept in my running clothes.  When I got up, all I had to do is slip on my socks and shoes.  It took me an hour to do that.  I ran anyway.  Now I am glad that I ran.  It has been six days, and I felt a little soreness in my thighs.  Oh, by the way, I have officially signed up for the Long Beach Half Marathon in October. Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Linn D.
on 6/5/08 10:06 am - Missoula, MT
Great job, Kim!  Both for getting up and getting in a run as well as signing up for the Half Marathon.  YOU CAN DO IT!      Linn
puddin2day
on 6/6/08 12:57 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you, Linn.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Ruth A.
on 6/5/08 10:14 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
I ran 1 mile in 11mins 30 secs, 1 min faster than before, and then walked a mile.  It was tough going today, but I stuck it out.

Most Active