Spinning class

jadelyn
on 6/2/08 11:39 am - DE
How do you guys feel about spinning class.  Do you get a good work out from it?  How many calories do you burn and how effective is it? 
MaryS
on 6/2/08 11:48 am - Long Island, NY
Spinning is a great workout! You have a lot of control over hard or easy the class is. I highly recommend spinning - I wish I could get to more spin classes.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 6/2/08 11:51 am - Missoula, MT
I have no idea how many calories I burn, but I think spin classes are AWESOME.  I do 2-3 a week and you can make them as hard or as easy as you want them to be.  I've done classes with new instructors or lots of newbies at it and I just make it harder or faster if I think I'm not working hard enough.  I've done these classes for over 3 years and I generally don't do classes of any kind.  When I pulled my hamstring I couldn't run, but I could still spin and I was able to keep my weight in check just fine.  Give it a whirl!  But... expect it to be difficult at first so you may need to take it a little easy until you get the hang of it.  Also be sure the instructor knows you're new so you can get the bike set up properly.   Linn
Rob S.
on 6/2/08 10:10 pm - DE
Spinning is great in so many ways.  You can get a tremendous workout if you put some energy into it.  You can expect to burn 200-1200 calories in a one hour class depending on how hard you work at it.   I have been spinning 3-4 times per week for almost 5 years now.  I still leave a puddle of sweat dripping from my bike every time I do a spin class. Expect to have a sore butt for the first five to six classes until you develop a nice butt callous.  It will definitely build up your respiration and lower body. Good luck. Rob
Most Active