San Diego Marathon Report

Kevin A.
on 6/3/08 3:59 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Well see.. You know how much I hate watching other people run!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Kirsten :-)
on 6/3/08 4:05 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Good.....I'll take it that you're running too then!  LOL Hmmm......lets see how soon I recover from my ps and get running again.  I might feel a challenge coming on!  :-P
Linn D.
on 6/3/08 2:36 am - Missoula, MT
You did such a fantastic job!  I've done the Rock and Roll Arizona, and they are always very well run and attended by spectators.  Sounds like you really did have a good time, and that makes it all worthwhile.  By the way, I've never done a half or a full marathon that I didn't need to visit the porta potty for #2.  It happens to me every time, so I always make sure of where the bands are going to be because there are always at least 2 there.  It also makes a difference knowing people are going to be there to cheer you on.  I don't think a lot of people understand how much that means unless they've done one themselves (like your friend).  So now that you have 2 under your belt, when's the next?  Take care and heal.  I think you did a truly fabulous job!    Linn
Kevin A.
on 6/3/08 7:40 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thanks Linn!! The SD Rock and Roll was well run!! Much better than the L.A. marathon!! I would be will to do this one again next year. I don't know what's next?? Keep training?? Try to get faster?? I like the idea of being shape to run 1/2 marathon or a full marathon at the last minute!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Deanna34
on 6/3/08 2:54 am - Salem, OR
Wow, Kevin!  You're totally inspiring me to aim for a full marathon!  You did amazing!!!  Great job! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Kevin A.
on 6/3/08 7:44 am, edited 6/3/08 7:44 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thank You Deanna!! You have been ready to run a 1/2 or full marathon for a long time. I know you can do it!!
Go for it!!!
Rob S.
on 6/3/08 4:48 am - DE
Great job, Kevin!  Amazing effort.  Sounds like you gave it your all and got it done.  You are extremely lucky to have a support crew along the race.  My wife's first attendance won't be till Disney in 2009.  I can't blame her, because I can't imagine anything more boring than standing on a stree****ching a bunch of people huffing and puffing. Keep it going. Rob
Kirsten :-)
on 6/3/08 5:34 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Boring???  It was so exciting to be on the other side.  Especially seeing the Elite runners up front flying past....they were amazing!!!
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:40 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
You are incredible!  I cannot imagine what it is like running for 6hrs 45 mins.  Great reading about it.

Cassie W.
on 6/3/08 7:33 am
Kevin, You ROCK! Last minute entry and you still carved more than an hour off your time.  You really put the lessons learned in L.A. to work for you.  I'm glad this one left you exhilarated and wanting more. Congratulations. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active