My First Official 5K!!! I DID IT!!!!

~Becky~
on 6/2/08 10:07 am - Little Rock Area, AR
WOW, check out the trend!  There are tons of 5K'ers here.  Isn't that awesome?  I am proud to say, that I joined the ranks.  On Saturday, I ran in my very first 5K.  For this former 350 pound woman, who has NEVER, EVER been able to run, this was soooooooooooooooooooooo humbling.  I got choked up as I crossed the finish line.  This was the last of my pre-weight loss surgery goals!!   I am hoping to train to run a 10K by fall.  But, with this Arkansas heat - who KNOWS!!   Anyway, there is a picture on my profile if you'd like to see it.  It's just after the race :)   Thanks for letting me share~
Blessings~
Becky
Linn D.
on 6/2/08 10:29 am - Missoula, MT
That is WONDERFUL Becky!  I love to hear about first 5k's.  It's such a big deal to do your first race, and a very memorable experience.  Thank you for sharing this personal accomplishment with us!    Linn
MaryS
on 6/2/08 11:15 am - Long Island, NY
Becky, Congratulations on a great achievement! Don't let the heat stop you from training! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Mifiremedic
on 6/2/08 11:17 am - MI
Congrats on your first 5K. If I wasnt a guy, I would say that I had some emotions come out upon finishing my first triathlon, whi*****luded a 5k, but I'm a guy so we dont get emotional.. wink wink
Deanna34
on 6/2/08 11:29 am - Salem, OR
Hi there Becky!!!  Great job!  You did really good and your time was great!  You sure are pretty and have a great smile too ... and I love your hair!  But that is beside the point ... you did great and you will do your first 10K before ya know it! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

JennyA
on 6/2/08 11:31 am - Eagan, MN
Congrats Becky.  I had the same feeling when I finished my first (of two) Breast Cancer 3-Days.  I am going to attempt my first 5K in seven weeks. Have fun with your future runs! Take care, J
on 6/2/08 9:24 pm
Way to go B.  It feels awerome, huh.  That 10K will be no problem so go get em.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
striveforhealth
on 6/2/08 9:29 pm - Portsmouth, NH
From one Becky to another, and from one former 300lb plus person to another, and from one runner to another...congratulations!!!  I was also quite emotional my first 5K in the fall.  I've since done 4 more and I still can't believe it's me!  I'll be doing a 10K on 6/14 - REALLY can't believe that one!  Keep it up!  Becky

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Seht
on 6/2/08 9:46 pm
Awesome, increadible, fantastic. Congrats on completing the run and being able to cross that off your list of goals. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

puddin2day
on 6/3/08 2:12 am - Los Angeles, CA
Great job, Becky!  Weigh to go.  Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active