I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linn D.
on 6/2/08 9:27 am - Missoula, MT
What a mental milestone that is!!!  I'm so happy for you, and glad you made yourself just do it.  You'll see, the next mile won't be nearly so difficult as accomplishing the first.  You're doing GREAT!    Linn
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:54 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Linn thankyou for your reply.  Yes it really was a major milestone that I never really thought I would make. I can't wait to see the other side of the second mile now.  I went and ran a mile again toniht just to see that it wasn't a fluke ha ha.

Linn D.
on 6/3/08 8:04 am - Missoula, MT
Ruth,   Remember the movie 'Finding Nemo?'  When I first started running I'd chant to myself "Just keep running... just keep running... just keep running, running, running"  instead of swimming.  It really did help - along with making me giggle to myself!      Linn
~Becky~
on 6/2/08 10:09 am - Little Rock Area, AR
WOW!  That is FANTASTIC!  Congratulations - DON'T EVER GIVE UP!  You really, really can do whatever you put your mind to!
Blessings~
Becky
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:55 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks Becky. I needed to hear that don't give up bit.  I am someone who gets bored easily and now I've reached this goal, I need to look forward to the next.  Congrats on your race by the way.  Doesn't it feel amazing to be physically able to run now - how life changing is that?!!

MaryS
on 6/2/08 11:25 am - Long Island, NY
Congratulations!!! It is so exciting to run your first mile without stopping to walk. Keep up the great work. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:58 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks Mary,  It really helps seeing other (former obese) people who have already accomplished and got to where I am trying to get to.  If 'they' can do it, then I have no excuse.  I love your avatar picture  - it's very inspiring.

Scott William
on 6/2/08 9:35 pm
Way to go.  The first of many miles.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:59 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Here here...thanks Scott!

Most Active