I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth A.
on 6/2/08 7:27 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Woohoooooooooooo! I ran my first mile without walking part of it - yay me. My goal was to be able to run a mile by my 2nd anniversary which was May 31st - and this was my first workout since then, so yay I did it. It took me 12.5 mins to run it - then I walked 0.5 mile before the rest of my workout of weight circuit then 10 minutes on the cross trainer. And the thing that got me through to the end of the mile was the thought of Deanna running 5 miles with cramps.  I kept thinking that if she can do that then I can certainly get through 1 mile with my legs slightly hurting and being out of breath. So a HUGE thank you to you Deanna - you have always been my inspiration and I hope I continue to follow in your running footsteps. Thanks too to everyone on this board for being so supportive to a beginning.  I lurk and read every post and find useful information and inspiration in each and every post.

Mifiremedic
on 6/2/08 8:19 am - MI
First of all, great job on completing your first mile without stopping Next stop will be a marathon..

Okay, now for the other part. Dont you know those girls in Oregon are still walking barefoot in the snow.. The cramp really is nothing for "West side Hillbillies"... ha ha

Deanna34
on 6/2/08 8:30 am - Salem, OR
Oh Curt, you are just asking for trouble!  You are gonna get it now!!!  I might just have to hitch-hike myself out to Michigan and kick your butt real good!  Although, you would probably enjoy that too much, huh?  Hmmm, I'm gonna have to think of a good way to get you back!!! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 6/2/08 8:33 am - MI
I just dont want others to feel sorry for the way you choose to live your life. Thats all..
Deanna34
on 6/2/08 8:35 am - Salem, OR
Now you're being downright mean ... and here I thought you actually liked me.  Boohoo ......

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:50 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks so much.  I think I'll try for a 5k befor esetting my sights on a marathon - I'm not even sure how anyone can run that far... and I thought it was barefoot and pregant???  ha ha....

Mifiremedic
on 6/3/08 5:53 am - MI
Well think high, and I'm sure you one day soon will complete a Marathon.

As for the Barefoot comment, I am no longer allowed to comment, it offended those people in Oregon... ha ha

Seht
on 6/2/08 9:10 am
That is absolutely freaking awesome. Congrats.  That is a great feeling that deserves to be celebrated! Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:52 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Thanks Scott it does feel pretty awesome.   I don't want to forget what ti felt like.

Most Active