I'd just like to say...

Linn D.
on 6/2/08 9:15 am - Missoula, MT
OK guys, just in case people are wondering where some of the things I say come from, I thought I might add a little of my background as a post.  I worked at a nursing home as an aide for 12 years.  Two of those years were with a small physical therapy staff, so I had a lot of access to their insight and advice.  I've been injured and had more trouble with knees, back, and anemia than I'd care to remember, but there are lots of things I've learned through this.  I have a BA in chemistry and an MS in biochemistry, so a lot of what I know about body chemistry comes from this.  I also just recently took a medical physiology class that put a lot of things into perspective for me - especially as they relate to WLS patients and am accepted into pharmacy school this coming fall.  I'm not a health professional at this time, but my advice comes from the education and experiences I've had.  I'm not trying to be a "know-it-all" just trying to help.   Linn     
Mifiremedic
on 6/2/08 9:33 am - MI
Your doing great.... Thanks for all the helpful information..
Earl C.
on 6/2/08 10:09 am - Circleville, OH
I'm still just impressed with those guns of yours. I take it someone complained. I really don't understand some people that post in these forums, in general, not just this one.  Have you noticed the new posters that ask a question, get 20 replies to their question, but the answer isn't what they wanted to hear, so they never answer back,  acknowledge anyone or post ever again? Love it. Earl
Linn D.
on 6/2/08 10:16 am - Missoula, MT
No, Earl, no one's complained.  I just thought it seemed like I'm doing a lot of answering (especially since school is out for the summer and I'm not working) and figured it might be nice if you guys knew my background a little better.  There ARE some things I don't know, and I tend to not answer those questions.  I also know there are lots of ways of doing things and don't expect mine to be the 'best' way by any stretch of the imagination, but I try to remember to say that it's what works for me.  I really like this forum and the people on it.  Thanks.    Linn
Earl C.
on 6/2/08 12:57 pm - Circleville, OH
I understand.  I get like that sometimes and back off a little on the replies. I almost never reply to the race or running questions. I know what my niche is. :) I like everyone on here too. It's good to just share sometimes with people that appreciate the effort. Earl
Mifiremedic
on 6/2/08 11:14 am - MI
Your pretty wise for a Buckeye.... I've kinda noticed the same thing, but I was thinking they got their answer and forgot about us..
Deanna34
on 6/2/08 11:25 am - Salem, OR
Linn, I am sooooo thankful for you and everyone else on here!  You all keep me sane on a daily basis!  Never in my life did I think I'd fit in with a bunch of athletes but funny enough, this is where I feel most comfortable!  I'm incredibly grateful for any advice given to me ... please don't hold back your wisdom!  I appreciate it! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

MaryS
on 6/2/08 11:28 am - Long Island, NY
Linn, I love all your posts and knowledge - thanks for sharing your background. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 6/2/08 9:30 pm
...and to think that the only college class I ever failed was Chemistry! answer away.  It's better that you get there before me because I just make stuff up.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active