5K report.

Scott William
on 6/1/08 4:38 am
Today there was a local 5K that I ran for the second time.  Last year I ran a 25:08 which seemed pretty bad then.   Today was warm and as you runners know, it's much warmer on the black top.  Also, In the last 3 weeks or so, I havn't run too much but I have managed to get in 4 runs in the last week.  Well that wasn't enough to overcome this course. I blew my wad with a 7:50 first mile up hill and must have averaged 9:30 or so over the last two point one miles as I finished in 27:17.  It was an out and back course and I usually rely on being quick on the way back but with little running and no speed work, it wasn't there even going down hill.   I was going to call it a PW for personal worst but I checked my records and the first 5K I ran was a bit slower.  The post race was nice with dogs and burgers.  When my girlfriend goes, I stick around a bit.  If she doesn't go, I'm in my car within minutes of the finish.  Not sure why but she was there today.   My final thought is that it could be worse.  I could still not be able to tie my shoes or buckle my size 52 pants.  That would be WAY worse than a 27 minute 5K!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 6/1/08 6:58 am - Missoula, MT
You know, just like the rest of us do, that some days feel great and others not so great.  You went out and did what you can today, and you did fine.  I know it's disappointing to not do as well as you know you can, but that's just the way it works.   Thanks again for sharing!   Linn
MaryS
on 6/1/08 9:39 am - Long Island, NY
Scott, Congrats on the race.  You final thought is key - isn't it amazing how far we have all come! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Dan_P.
on 6/2/08 4:13 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Scott. Congrats on going out and doing it. You very easily could have talked yourself out of it since you haven't been running as much. May we never forget from whence we've come.
puddin2day
on 6/2/08 4:23 am - Los Angeles, CA
Scott, You did great!  I can only hope that one day, I will be able to brag about finishing a 5K sub 30 mins. Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active